Whyte Vs Povetkin

Who wins?

• Total voters

Pab

Born a Caucasian
Staff member
Country Flag
Ireland
Good fight this, I think Whyte should win it given where they're both at in their careers but I'm still a bit unconvinced by him, and despite Povetkin being past his best what he does have left is enough to potentially give Whyte a bit of bother, if only in big moments rather than over the duration of the fight. You'd imagine it'll be fought at mid-range and if Parker and Rivas can have Whyte rocking then Povetkin absolutely can too and more.

Blunt

Formerly Sharp
Not now.

He has slowed considerably,his engine isn’t what it was and he is very one paced.

Povetkin is a hard fight for anyone and carries KO power,but I feel Whyte is getting him at the right time.
Agree with all of this. I think hunter was unlucky in his fight and could have potentially stopped pov, but I think Whyte will do the job. I'd like to see Whyte Vs hunter some time soon if Whyte isn't gonna get a title shit which I very much doubt he will.

Country Flag
Cuba
I’ll give him the benefit of the doubt for his comeback fight.
Ive seen this said a few times but he didnt really miss any time out of the ring. Maybes he was mentally took back by the PED shit but it was only four and a half months between fights.

Country Flag
United Kingdom
I reckon Dave Allen vs Zhilei Zhang could land on this card actually. Or maybe on the Usyk/Chisora one.

- Zhang is under the Matchroom umbrella, they'll want to get him out again after his win vs Rudenko
- They'll also want to showcase him a bit as an option in the heavyweight mix going forward
- Allen says he has a "big fight" in May, although he said at the O2 in London, suppose that could change.
- Allen will think he can win
- Allen does provide a few PPV buys as does retain some interest.

I reckon Dave Allen vs Zhilei Zhang could land on this card actually. Or maybe on the Usyk/Chisora one.

- Zhang is under the Matchroom umbrella, they'll want to get him out again after his win vs Rudenko
- They'll also want to showcase him a bit as an option in the heavyweight mix going forward
- Allen says he has a "big fight" in May, although he said at the O2 in London, suppose that could change.
- Allen will think he can win
- Allen does provide a few PPV buys as does retain some interest.
Zhang needs better opposition than Allen at this stage. I don't think he's much different to Rudenko.

Davie

Former Prediction League Champion
Country Flag
Scotland
Been thinking about bringing my WBA HW tournament thread over here from CHB. Maybe after the Charr Bryan fight.
You have a WBA HW tournament thread?

We need that here.
If you don't bring it over, I'm deserting back to CHB just to be involved