Whyte v Wallin called off due to shoulder injury

Hearns latest ifl interview is a joke. He really does treat us like absolute morons

1. He said nobody wins in this scenario of whyte pulling out- whyte clearly wins. He gets a direct title shot without having to go through wallin who is a dangerous opponent

2. He said the time to pull out would have been 4 weeks ago when the wbc made the ruling - no it fucking wouldn't have been the time to pull out. That would have been way too obvious. This way at least you can spin it to the point where at least some people believe you

3. Its ludicrous to question whyte about this - no it isn't. Its perfectly reasonable to question the timing. In fact, hearn himself said they discussed the possibility of pulling out. It's not a stretch to see the timing of all this and think something is off

4. He scoffs at the comparison of him asking for proof that dubois suffered a broken cheek bone against joyce, and Salita demanding proof of whytes injury. - actually, salita has more of a reason to want proof. According to hearn, because dubois was being accused of quitting, it makes the entire comparison void because its two completely different situations
Not really mate. In fact, wallin is suffering genuine financial losses as well as missing out on taking a big step in his career. Shit happens but he has every right to demand proof. Who gives a fuck about proof that a fighter actually did injure themselves. What does that matter?

The man is an utter cunt. I obviously dont expect him to throw his man under the bus (he may not even have been in on it if this is dodgy). But dont treat us like idiots.

Whyte could have sat on his ranking and fought guys like Wach, Hamer, Molina etc but he at least fought names, I wouldn't like to have seen Whyte lose several fights of progress for the quickly corrected Povetkin blip just because I think the sport needs to encourage risk taking, the UFC often gives title shots after one win removed from a loss, boxing needs to not encourage people taking the zero risk route.
He DID fight Wach though, and didn’t look great doing it. As for the Povetkin loss, I really think you’re playing it down by calling it a ‘blip’. A ‘blip’ would be a stoppage from an injury, or maybe close loss on points.

Getting starched like that was more than a mere blip. It was a horrible and brutal KO. It could be argued it was a ‘one off’, and how ‘anything can happen with heavyweights’ but Whyte gets caught with big shots in pretty much every fight against anybody half decent.

Povetkin was a class above most of Whyte’s normal opponents, and was exactly the sort of fighter to exploit the gaps in Whyte’s game.

I do actually like Whyte, he has been prepared to take hard fights, and he always gives good value for money. I would love to see him beat Fury. However, he does seem to acting quite entitled at the moment.

Regardless of differing opinions over the Povetkin fights, all Whyte had to to be line for a shot at Fury was to beat Otto Wallin. Now he thinks he shouldn’t have to fight Wallin, and can go straight in against Fury, when in reality Fury won’t be actually fighting any time soon.

I know Whyte has been kept in the sidelines to a certain degree, and has had to fight a fair amount of tough guys in order to stay in contention. It’s unfortunate he had to take a horrible KO loss on the way too, whilst a lot of fighters get fast tracked to title shots.

I have some sympathy for Whyte, but let’s not forget, he turned down an offer of a rematch against AJ back in 2019. He claimed the £4m offer wasn’t good enough, which is his business, but he can’t complain he hasn’t been given an opportunity at a title shot.

Whenever Whyte fights, I’m always rooting for him, but I think he should take a leaf out of AJ’s book and ‘stay humble’.

He DID fight Wach though, and didn’t look great doing it. As for the Povetkin loss, I really think you’re playing it down by calling it a ‘blip’. A ‘blip’ would be a stoppage from an injury, or maybe close loss on points.

Getting starched like that was more than a mere blip. It was a horrible and brutal KO. It could be argued it was a ‘one off’, and how ‘anything can happen with heavyweights’ but Whyte gets caught with big shots in pretty much every fight against anybody half decent.

Povetkin was a class above most of Whyte’s normal opponents, and was exactly the sort of fighter to exploit the gaps in Whyte’s game.

I do actually like Whyte, he has been prepared to take hard fights, and he always gives good value for money. I would love to see him beat Fury. However, he does seem to acting quite entitled at the moment.

Regardless of differing opinions over the Povetkin fights, all Whyte had to to be line for a shot at Fury was to beat Otto Wallin. Now he thinks he shouldn’t have to fight Wallin, and can go straight in against Fury, when in reality Fury won’t be actually fighting any time soon.

I know Whyte has been kept in the sidelines to a certain degree, and has had to fight a fair amount of tough guys in order to stay in contention. It’s unfortunate he had to take a horrible KO loss on the way too, whilst a lot of fighters get fast tracked to title shots.

I have some sympathy for Whyte, but let’s not forget, he turned down an offer of a rematch against AJ back in 2019. He claimed the £4m offer wasn’t good enough, which is his business, but he can’t complain he hasn’t been given an opportunity at a title shot.

Whenever Whyte fights, I’m always rooting for him, but I think he should take a leaf out of AJ’s book and ‘stay humble’.

I mean in fight 1 he had dropped Povetkin twice then in the second fight he dropped him a bunch more times and flattened him.

I don't belive in "lucky punches" but I don't think you could find many closer examples than that Povetkin shot on Whyte.

Idk, Michael Hunter didn't do it pretty recently and he is rated highly.

I just think there's a double standard when it comes to Whyte based on the fact people just don't like him.

It is what it is though.
Povetkin aged horribly in between the aj and hunter fights, and then again in between hunter and whyte 1. By whyte 2 he could barely stand up straight in the ring.

He looked shot to bits during the first fight too. The eye test will tell you that

Fella out of Romford Weatherspoons could have done that.
A fella out of Romford apparently offered to step in against Wallin. Dunno how serious he was. Also heard Wallin was offered Hunter but refused. I don't know what to believe but I do think they could have got an opponent . Another rumour is that he was offered Babic but refused that one also. Would have surely been an interesting fight. Politics eh??

I know Dillian Whyte has fought a fair few tough opponents whilst trying to beat a path to a world title fight, but I would say his status got wiped out when Povetkin flattened him. Winning the rematch doesn’t put him back on the path where he left off.

I think it was perfectly fair to expect Whyte to beat Wallin in order to secure a fight with Fury. Let‘s not forget, this was meant to be an eliminator for both fighters.

If Whyte now doesn’t fancy the Wallin fight, then out of the two of them, it should be Wallin that gets a shot at Fury, not Whyte.
I agree on that. I also think Wallin would beat Povetkin without the need for a return fight. Also I've said it before but I don't expect Fury to box for another 12/18 months. In the meantime I think it would be good to organise a competition involving say, Whyte, Joyce, Wallin, Hyrgovic or maybe Yoka. Eventual winner guaranteed a shot. I know there's no chance of this happening but it would stop the division from stagnating, which is definitely going to happen.

A fella out of Romford apparently offered to step in against Wallin. Dunno how serious he was. Also heard Wallin was offered Hunter but refused. I don't know what to believe but I do think they could have got an opponent . Another rumour is that he was offered Babic but refused that one also. Would have surely been an interesting fight. Politics eh??
Money

I agree on that. I also think Wallin would beat Povetkin without the need for a return fight. Also I've said it before but I don't expect Fury to box for another 12/18 months. In the meantime I think it would be good to organise a competition involving say, Whyte, Joyce, Wallin, Hyrgovic or maybe Yoka. Eventual winner guaranteed a shot. I know there's no chance of this happening but it would stop the division from stagnating, which is definitely going to happen.
I wouldn’t give Yolanda. Shot at anything until the french fuck off wanting our fish

Country Flag
United States of America
Pull out makes sense for both Whyte and Matchroom. They are going to lose money on the show regardless, at least now they've sold the tickets they'll sell but don't need to pay either Whyte or Wallin.

As it stands they've probably sold 7k+ tickets to watch a bunch of nobodies on shite purses.