Whyte v Wallin called off due to shoulder injury

SoSolid4u09

2x OTH Football Draft Champion!
Country Flag
Palestine
LOT of people dont like Whyte because of his personality, and that's understandable.

I think he's as deserving as anyone I can think of for a shot though, and I agree about Povetkin.

Whyte could have sat on his ranking and fought guys like Wach, Hamer, Molina etc but he at least fought names, I wouldn't like to have seen Whyte lose several fights of progress for the quickly corrected Povetkin blip just because I think the sport needs to encourage risk taking, the UFC often gives title shots after one win removed from a loss, boxing needs to not encourage people taking the zero risk route.
Povetkin wasn't a high risk fight though. He was absolutely shot to bits. He was just a big name he could get a ppv payday out of. Nor was wach a high risk fight. That's the guys he's fought in the last 3 years. Since beating rivas he has for all intents and purposes sat back on his ranking

Last edited:
Hearn talking up Babic Vs Molina. After his showing against Wardley, I wouldn't have picked Molina or asked him back again. Still looking forward to the bill though. Press conference tomorrow should be good too. Will be watching

frankos1885

OTH Rankings Chairman
Country Flag
England
I'm no anti-vaxxer and have shown both negative tests and proof of vaccination to get into places with little hassle over the last month or so, however those terms of entry were made clear to me from the minute of purchase.

Loads won't have known about this and bought tickets, understand it's the o2 policy as opposed to Matchroom's but not seen Eddie or anyone mention it once? I can't think of another sport that thinks so little of it's customers and treats them like fucking prats.

Blunt

Formerly Sharp
I'm no anti-vaxxer and have shown both negative tests and proof of vaccination to get into places with little hassle over the last month or so, however those terms of entry were made clear to me from the minute of purchase.

Loads won't have known about this and bought tickets, understand it's the o2 policy as opposed to Matchroom's but not seen Eddie or anyone mention it once? I can't think of another sport that thinks so little of it's customers and treats them like fucking prats.
That's the thing isn't it, it's not a hassle as such but to not mention it to people at the point of purchase then drop it out near the fight is scandalous.

Some people are going to cancel with no chance of a refund. What a shambles
You can easily get round it by registering a test as a negative without taking it. But yes I agree, it's nonsense.

Although it has been the o2s policy for ages. Obviously people who haven't bought tickets from fighters wont have known this.

frankos1885

OTH Rankings Chairman
Country Flag
England
That's the thing isn't it, it's not a hassle as such but to not mention it to people at the point of purchase then drop it out near the fight is scandalous.
As an aside fucking loads of us are going to see Kasabian at Brixton on Tuesday, just went on ticketmaster to see if any left and no mention of COVID restrictions right up until the till nor mention of any refund policy. Low and behold on the venue website:

1635363012081.png

I know some will say that it should be common sense during this period but as far as I was aware vaccination as a requirement for entry isn't currently mandatory in England?

I’m not aware of a change in Government guidance in England regarding this. Unless this is a new policy by the O2 or Government it is very poor by Matchroom.
It's not, it's venue by venue.

From experience if you kick off about it they will ask you to take a temperature test. But you can just register a negative lateral flow on Gov website and provide a screenshot of confirmation.

SoSolid4u09

Country Flag
Palestine

I seem to remember hearn saying you won't need this stuff. Although that may have been for aj usyk?

Anyway this wasnt made clear when i bought tickets to see Trevor noah at the o2 and i was caught out. At least hearn letting you know in advance

SoSolid4u09

Country Flag
Palestine
As an aside fucking loads of us are going to see Kasabian at Brixton on Tuesday, just went on ticketmaster to see if any left and no mention of COVID restrictions right up until the till nor mention of any refund policy. Low and behold on the venue website:

View attachment 38085

I know some will say that it should be common sense during this period but as far as I was aware vaccination as a requirement for entry isn't currently mandatory in England?
I did this for Trevor noah. Queued for 25m only for the mrs to be turned away for not having this stuff (she was awaiting a second jab). I thought about lending her me oyster card so she can get home but instead decided to register a negative test online with the nhs. I queued up again on a different queue and got in with 5m to spare.

I received no email about these restrictions. Dicks

I did this for Trevor noah. Queued for 25m only for the mrs to be turned away for not having this stuff (she was awaiting a second jab). I thought about lending her me oyster card so she can get home but instead decided to register a negative test online with the nhs. I queued up again on a different queue and got in with 5m to spare.

I received no email about these restrictions. Dicks
Was he worth it?

It's not, it's venue by venue.

From experience if you kick off about it they will ask you to take a temperature test. But you can just register a negative lateral flow on Gov website and provide a screenshot of confirmation.
I don’t have an issue with complying I just think it’s poor that it wasn’t mentioned at time of purchase. I suppose it’s not such a big deal now as you can get free lateral flow tests everywhere now.

I think venues should have these measures but they should be made very clear at the time of purchase...

Its bad that people arnt made aware atleast at the checkout phase...

I don’t have an issue with complying I just think it’s poor that it wasn’t mentioned at time of purchase. I suppose it’s not such a big deal now as you can get free lateral flow tests everywhere now.
Yeah they should. To be honest the venue's I have gone to who have done this have always emailed me a week or two out from the event. Hopefully the 02 have done the same.