Whyte v Wallin called off due to shoulder injury

More classy shit from Whyte

"This is a no-brainer. Tyson Fury is considered the best heavyweight ever," Briton Whyte told BBC Five Live's Boxing podcast.

"So fight him or fight somebody who doesn't even know how to speak properly.

"All he does is cry. Him and [promoter Dmitriy] Salita cry like babies. Crying he's lost £15,000 on training camp. I spent ten times the amount of that on training camp."

Having a pop at at Wallin not being able to talk properly apparently and for being annoyed at the cancellation. I Would love Whyte to get absolutely chinned again. Absolute bellend

Prick.

Country Flag
England

"This is a no-brainer. Tyson Fury is considered the best heavyweight ever," Briton Whyte told BBC Five Live's Boxing podcast.

"All he does is cry. Him and [promoter Dmitriy] Salita cry like babies. Crying he's lost £15,000 on training camp. I spent ten times the amount of that on training camp."

Having a pop at at Wallin not being able to talk properly apparently and for being annoyed at the cancellation. I Would love Whyte to get absolutely chinned again. Absolute bellend
Yeah bad crack, Wallin won't have made a huge amount of money from the sport so 15k is a lot for them and hopefully Matchroom reimburse it either through a different fight orj ust as compensation.

Would actually love for Fury to refuse Whyte the fight and leave him high and dry then for him to get sparked by some no name next tbh.

Last edited:

what was he replying to there? Seems like he is basically admitting the injury is BS.

I know Dillian Whyte has fought a fair few tough opponents whilst trying to beat a path to a world title fight, but I would say his status got wiped out when Povetkin flattened him. Winning the rematch doesn’t put him back on the path where he left off.

I think it was perfectly fair to expect Whyte to beat Wallin in order to secure a fight with Fury. Let‘s not forget, this was meant to be an eliminator for both fighters.

If Whyte now doesn’t fancy the Wallin fight, then out of the two of them, it should be Wallin that gets a shot at Fury, not Whyte.

I know Dillian Whyte has fought a fair few tough opponents whilst trying to beat a path to a world title fight, but I would say his status got wiped out when Povetkin flattened him. Winning the rematch doesn’t put him back on the path where he left off.

I think it was perfectly fair to expect Whyte to beat Wallin in order to secure a fight with Fury. Let‘s not forget, this was meant to be an eliminator for both fighters.

If Whyte now doesn’t fancy the Wallin fight, then out of the two of them, it should be Wallin that gets a shot at Fury, not Whyte.

Not really disagreeing with you and maybe Hearn was selling it as basically an eliminator but technically it was just a defence of the interim world title,however if Wallin had won then I assume he would of got the shot as interim champion against Fury but he has lost that chance now but it was never a mandated defence of the interim or sanctioned as an eliminator even through the winner it seemed would of got Fury.

It's complicated but yeah Wallin has been fucked over but nothing is going to be done to rectify it.

Edit, Wallin wouldn't of got a shot at it straight away because of a rematch clause.

Last edited:

Was this an eliminator for both fighters? Wallin not in the top 15.

Was this an eliminator for both fighters? Wallin not in the top 15.
I think the term ‘eliminator’ these days just means that the loser has less chance of a title shot than the winner. Everything above domestic level seems to be an eliminator of sorts.

I think the term ‘eliminator’ these days just means that the loser has less chance of a title shot than the winner. Everything above domestic level seems to be an eliminator of sorts.

Yeah it’s all a load of bollocks tbh. I do think Fury had to fight whoever had the interim so it’s fair to say Wallin has missed out to some degree.

Hopefully Matchroom compensate him with another fight, got two in the UK and two in the US to fill so there is space.

Can somebody remind me why Whyte is the WBC Interim Champ? He won the title beating Oscar Rivas at a time when Wilder was WBC Champ, and defending his title regularly.

The WBC title has since gone to Fury, who successfully defended it. No lengthy gaps without the title being defended, so no need to install an Interim champion.

Thinking about it, now Whyte is injured, they might have a genuine need to find an interim champ to fill in for Dillian Whyte until he is fit enough to to defend his own interim title.

Or maybe Whyte could be made ‘Interim Champion in Recess’, and Wallin can be ‘Interim-Interim Champ’.

Typical WBA WBC shit.

Blunt

Formerly Sharp

Wallin does not remotely deserve a final eliminator, never mind a title shot. He had a good showing against fury when fury clearly underestimated him and got cut early. Also I'm sure I read that wallin got offered another fight but knocked it back so could have still got paid.

Honestly man, the amount of Whyte hate in here is hilarious.

I would also completely disagree that Whyte getting beat destroys his good work after he instantly avenged the defeat in good fashion. Let's not pretend he was beaten all over the place in the first povetkin fight either, he was having the better of it then got caught with a good one. It's heavyweight boxing man, shit happens and he went about his business the right way in the rematch.

The first Chisora was razor thin,could have gone either way.
I did have DC up but it was a grest fight and he kncked him out in the rematch.
He beat Parker clean altough the headbutt is controversial I agree but again these thngs happen in boxing and you can find examples all throught history.

I need to rewatch the Chisora 1 fight but I agree I definatley had Whyte winning vs Parker, my memory of that is Parker did well for 1.5 rounds before switching off for 9.5 rounds tgst Whyte pretty much swept and then Parker got brave again in the 12th when Whyte was gassed off his tit.

Parker fights are always contentious though, Takam, Ruiz, Hughie (for some), Whyte, Chisora, is the guy ever in a fight with a clear winner?

Wallin does not remotely deserve a final eliminator, never mind a title shot. He had a good showing against fury when fury clearly underestimated him and got cut early. Also I'm sure I read that wallin got offered another fight but knocked it back so could have still got paid.

Honestly man, the amount of Whyte hate in here is hilarious.

I would also completely disagree that Whyte getting beat destroys his good work after he instantly avenged the defeat in good fashion. Let's not pretend he was beaten all over the place in the first povetkin fight either, he was having the better of it then got caught with a good one. It's heavyweight boxing man, shit happens and he went about his business the right way in the rematch.
LOT of people dont like Whyte because of his personality, and that's understandable.

I think he's as deserving as anyone I can think of for a shot though, and I agree about Povetkin.

Whyte could have sat on his ranking and fought guys like Wach, Hamer, Molina etc but he at least fought names, I wouldn't like to have seen Whyte lose several fights of progress for the quickly corrected Povetkin blip just because I think the sport needs to encourage risk taking, the UFC often gives title shots after one win removed from a loss, boxing needs to not encourage people taking the zero risk route.

Blunt

Formerly Sharp
LOT of people dont like Whyte because of his personality, and that's understandable.

I think he's as deserving as anyone I can think of for a shot though, and I agree about Povetkin.

Whyte could have sat on his ranking and fought guys like Wach, Hamer, Molina etc but he at least fought names, I wouldn't like to have seen Whyte lose several fights of progress for the quickly corrected Povetkin blip just because I think the sport needs to encourage risk taking, the UFC often gives title shots after one win removed from a loss, boxing needs to not encourage people taking the zero risk route.
The end bit is spot on. People within the sport and fans need to stop putting so much emphasis on a loss. Nobody wants to lose but it's part of all sport. People pay too much attention to undefeated records and not enough to actually performing at the top end. The sport would be a hell of a lot better if it was more life UFC, you've got guys with several losses that are still very much championship contenders. We are led to believe that if a bloke loses he has 2 to 3 years on the track to redemption before he gets close to another good fight or just retire.

I need to rewatch the Chisora 1 fight but I agree I definatley had Whyte winning vs Parker, my memory of that is Parker did well for 1.5 rounds before switching off for 9.5 rounds tgst Whyte pretty much swept and then Parker got brave again in the 12th when Whyte was gassed off his tit.

Parker fights are always contentious though, Takam, Ruiz, Hughie (for some), Whyte, Chisora, is the guy ever in a fight with a clear winner?
Koed shot Botha.

no controversy.

Parker definitely beat Takam, nothing contentious there. The rest I agree with.