Whyte v Wallin called off due to shoulder injury

Yeah, he hits hard and he likes a fight.

Rightly or wrongly, I don't care about his treatment from WBC. I think he should have lost to Chisora and Parker and therefore shouldn't have that ranking, but that's irrelevant I suppose.

He would have been offered millions in the Joshua rematch (which again, I don't think he deserved as he lost fights).

Agree, I think he was a drugs cheat against Rivas.

I felt the Wallin fight was commendable. Had he won that fairly, I'd have liked to have seen him get a shot. I think we all knew he wasn't going to go through with it.

I don't think Fury fights him. I think he'll end up with a vacant WBC belt, then price himself out of unification's for the next few years. Justification being he 'paid his dues' fighting all these fights against average opposition, losing, cheating and generally looking shit along the way.
I don't think he will but who knows? It's all conjecture.

I don't have a massive issue with a lot of that except he has been treated like shit by the WBC.

He's an average fighter in terms of his skill set but he hits hard and never shies away from a fight.

You also have to temper criticisms with fairness. He was offered a contemptuous contract for the Joshua rematch so refusing it was reasonable.

The early ban was also for Jack3D... you could literally buy it at Holland and Barrett or GNC.

It was naive and he immediately said "I bought a pre workout here" and got banned for being honest when guys like Enzo did the same thing and got 6 weeks.

The second test failure looks far more like proper cheating.
Jack3d could of just been a cover for the real gear he would of been on, getting caught out a second time they probably decided not to come up with a corny bull shit excuse as no one would buy it second time around

Yes, because he got gifts against Chisora and Parker, and got away with the positive drug test against Rivas, on paper - he has an adequate resume and I'd reluctantly agree he deserves a shot at some point.

I'd love to see him fight Joyce.
The first Chisora was razor thin,could have gone either way.
I did have DC up but it was a grest fight and he kncked him out in the rematch.
He beat Parker clean altough the headbutt is controversial I agree but again these thngs happen in boxing and you can find examples all throught history.

I would love Whyte to chin Fury, the fallout would be hilarious :lol:

Unfortunately, I think Fury will do any of the below, other than routinely fight his mandatory challenger:
  • Get fat
  • Retire
  • Talk about fighting David Haye
  • Prentend he'll fight in UFC
  • Join WWE again
  • Go into politics
  • Call out Klitschko
  • Call out Jake Paul

The first Chisora was razor thin,could have gone either way.
I did have DC up but it was a grest fight and he kncked him out in the rematch.
He beat Parker clean altough the headbutt is controversial I agree but again these thngs happen in boxing and you can find examples all throught history.
I think Chisora won 7 clear rounds.

The headbutt directly caused Parker to go down. The oucome would have been different withoout that point swing. Also, it hurt him badly and effected how he fought over the next 2 rounds. Whyte ended up being saved by the bell. At worse, without the butt, Parker wins on points, likelihood is he stops him late.

Yes, you can find examples all over.

SoSolid4u09

2x OTH Football Draft Champion!
Country Flag
Palestine
Ok, revised list:

Joshua:
  • flattened Dillian Whyte but Whyte hurt his shoulder during the fight
  • flattened Charles Martin with no debate (but MArtin is shit)
  • stopped Wladimir Klitschko with no debate
  • stopped Alexandra Povetlin with no debate
  • beat Carlos Takam with no debate
  • beat Joseph Parker with no debate
  • avenged his Ruiz loss quickly and efficiently
  • beat Pulev with no debate

Whyte:
  • got flattened by Joshua
  • lost to Chisora first time
  • got absolutely flattened by a Povetkin that could barely keep his balance moving around a ring
  • should have lost to Parker save for a headbutt
  • struggled with Helenius
  • struggled with Rivas (and tested positive)
  • struggled with Wach
  • banned early in his career for testing positive
  • refused a fight against Ortiz
  • refused Joshua rematch
  • shit out of a Wallin fight.
I don't even know what I'm arguing here. I know nobody is claiming Whyte's resume is better than Joshua's!

I'm just sick of Whyte being praised for being a top 5 heavyweight who fought some other guys in or around the top 10, whilst getting gift decisions, testing positive for drugs an actually losing during that run.

He also unbelievably got PPV money for some of these (Chisora, Parker, Rivas, Povetkin I think?) and people are still acting likes he's done boxing a favour by taking all of these fights.

I think what I hate the most, is he always get's used as some sort of PPV measuring tool by Hearn.

When on Sky "we can't possible make these Whyte fights without PPV money" - fucking don't then!!!

When on DAZN - "this is great value - Whyte should be on PPV but he's included on your standard DAZN subscription".

And you just know the Whyte PPV debate will rumble on. Pretty soon, he'll say to Hearn he wants PPV on DAZN or he goes to Sky PPV. Hearn will probably concede because DAZN can't afford to lose him, so he'll start the trend of Whyte vs Hrgovic being one of DAZN's 'unique events' which is only possible on a PPV platform.
Fuck me finally someone who sees whyte the way I do. Who isit? Rob? Fuck!

SoSolid4u09

2x OTH Football Draft Champion!
Country Flag
Palestine
Yeah, he hits hard and he likes a fight.

Rightly or wrongly, I don't care about his treatment from WBC. I think he should have lost to Chisora and Parker and therefore shouldn't have that ranking, but that's irrelevant I suppose.

He would have been offered millions in the Joshua rematch (which again, I don't think he deserved as he lost fights).

Agree, I think he was a drugs cheat against Rivas.

I felt the Wallin fight was commendable. Had he won that fairly, I'd have liked to have seen him get a shot. I think we all knew he wasn't going to go through with it.

I don't think Fury fights him. I think he'll end up with a vacant WBC belt, then price himself out of unification's for the next few years. Justification being he 'paid his dues' fighting all these fights against average opposition, losing, cheating and generally looking shit along the way.

Basically - if he didn't have the positive drug test, the Povetkin loss, the Chisora gift and the Parker gift, and he simply had good, clean wins over Chisora, Wach, Helenius, Parker, Rivas and Povetkin, then I'd want him to get his shot. But he's a million miles from having that.
Why is he constantly based in Portugal now.....

Harvey Price

Smarter than Mandy
Country Flag
England

Imagine if Joyce gets it lol
I'd actually like to see Fury v Joyce. It would be a rough fight for Fury tbh. Joyce has that spacker chin where he can't be hurt and just plods forward relentlessly.