Whyte v Wallin called off due to shoulder injury

frankos1885

OTH Rankings Chairman
Country Flag
England
Just been reminded on Twitter - wasn't it phrased that he'd only be the mandatory if he beat Wallin?

Edit - I'm incorrect.

Country Flag
United States of America
Probably worth thinking about risk v reward and pending court decisions and mandatories before setting up dangerous fights tbh.

bad fail from Dazn the output has been jobbies.

Maybe he just had a shoulder injury. Has has issues before with them. If he wasn't kean why schedule the fight in the first place when he could have easily fought someone shit like Gerald Washington, Bermane Stiverne or Luis Ortiz.

Although am pleased its off. If Wallin had won, then its Wallin v Whyte 2, Fury will probably end up defending against some shit in house Top Rank fighter, then if Wallin beat Whyte again then it would be Fury v Wallin 2, which sounds mouthwatering dont it (although I'm pretty sure people who live in their mums front room like 1307 and Shawn would root for every one of those outcomes because Eddie Hearn is life to them, while simultaneously declaring how shit boxing is).

Country Flag
England
As in regards to Whyte v Wallin it's one of the least surprising pull outs I've seen.

Bad news for DAZN is if he does fight Fury then they will need their PPV model up and running because otherwise it'll be ESPN and Sky/BT showing it more than likely.

Country Flag
England
Maybe he just had a shoulder injury. Has has issues before with them. If he wasn't kean why schedule the fight in the first place when he could have easily fought someone shit like Gerald Washington, Bermane Stiverne or Luis Ortiz.

Although am pleased its off. If Wallin had won, then its Wallin v Whyte 2, Fury will probably end up defending against some shit in house Top Rank fighter, then if Wallin beat Whyte again then it would be Fury v Wallin 2, which sounds mouthwatering dont it (although I'm pretty sure people who live in their mums front room like 1307 and Shawn would root for every one of those outcomes because Eddie Hearn is life to them, while simultaneously declaring how shit boxing is).
Samuel, you finally came back after running away last time after making a show off yourself about being beat up of a reality TV show contestant and shitting it then making a mug off yourself by forgetting you were banned for racism and then accusing another poster off it. Noticed you'd took a few days out after that one, maybes should refrain from calling people out again if you wanna avoid that.

Wallin v Fury 2 would be a decent fight. I'd put odds on that Wallin would do better against Fury again than Whyte would.

Nd the only reason their would be rematch is because you're crush Eddie puts them in for fights that don't need them in.

Trippy

Former Last Man Standing™
Waiting to hear what the WBO have to say re Mandatory status. Likely he'll be out in the new year.

It makes no sense for him to wait on the WBO. The WBO mandatory is irrelevant at the minute as Usyk was just the WBO mandatory and with the winner of Usyk v Joshua being unified champ it’s likely that the WBO won’t enforce a mandatory for at least another 18 months to allow the winner to fulfil other mandos and seek an undisputed fight.

Before Usyk the last WBO mandatory was Hughie Fury when he fought Parker in 2017, so Joyce can’t put all his eggs in that basket cause he could be waiting years

TSOL

One Naughty Comrade!
Ya Whyte shouldn't be risking his mandatory spot with this cunt tbh. Had a disaster with Sasha already. Just fight Fury, lose but give it a go

Wallin should fight Helenius. Big Scandanavian fight or summat

Not exactly shocked by this, if he is genuinely injured then it’s unfortunate.

Hopefully the show goes ahead with some additions although I’m not sure how that would work for refunds.