Who nexx for AJ? Puts poll on twitter as promised

Roe

Lineal Champion
Staff member
Well here we go then..

Not that it'll likely make a great deal of difference in who he actually fights but what do you think? Obviously if Wilder/Fury actually happens then the winner of that is the obvious answer. If it doesn't happen, I think I'd rather see AJ v Fury purely because I think there's a better rivalry there. Both are fascinating matchups though. Whyte is a decent 3rd option but I can't imagine he's gonna be getting many votes here.

Remember Floyds poll that was supposedly to actually determine the opponent for his next fight out of 2 confirmed opponents?

Khan went and won it,but Floyd decided to ignore it and chose Maidana.

This poll has as much credibility.Its not going to be Fury is it? Whyte most likely.

Marlow

Fringe World Level
Not sure what’s to be gained from a poll, Hearn is saying they want a Wilder agreement before he fights Fury but if Wilder gets schooled who’ll want that fight? Plus there’s always a chance of an injury.

All he’s done is advertise how few want the Whyte fight in comparison. Getting the Fury fight made will be an absolute ordeal if he is victorious Dec 1.

Feel sorry for Whyte really who’s just in limbo, makes sense for him to see how the land lies and do Chisora in Feb if the AJ fight is gone.

Not sure what’s to be gained from a poll, Hearn is saying they want a Wilder agreement before he fights Fury but if Wilder gets schooled who’ll want that fight? Plus there’s always a chance of an injury.

All he’s done is advertise how few want the Whyte fight in comparison. Getting the Fury fight made will be an absolute ordeal if he is victorious Dec 1.

Feel sorry for Whyte really who’s just in limbo, makes sense for him to see how the land lies and do Chisora in Feb if the AJ fight is gone.
The polls just social media shit.

His fans will lap it up and it will get linked everywhere.

Atlas

Unbeaten Prospect

The best scenario for an undisputed fight in April would be wilder destroying fury early. So a rematch is pointless.

It wouldn't be easy to negotiate with Wilder, but if Fury won I think there would be a wilder rematch and it would be extremely difficult to agree a fight with Warren involved.

Roe

Lineal Champion
Staff member
Agree this is gonna look a bit awkward in 6 months time when he's fighting 4% Dillian Whyte :lol:

Fucking hell, 250,000 votes though! How many did Mayweather's get?

Almond and Brazil

WBSomething Champion
Are they bots voting for wilder because i didnt think anyone knew he was or are people that swayed because hes black n american lol.

Bogotazo

Administrator
Staff member
Are they bots voting for wilder because i didnt think anyone knew he was or are people that swayed because hes black n american lol.
People know who the most threatening HW challenger to Joshua is. Anyone who cares enough to vote on this poll will know who he is.

I think your underestimating how many Brit’s know him.

Any casual fan who I know who watches Joshua,knows Wilder is his closest rival even if they have never seen him fight.

Ashedward

Unbeaten Prospect
Hearn is talking complete shit and obviously doesn't want the fight yet.Team Wilder won't agree to the fight before the fury fight which is understandable but Hearn will end up announcing the Whyte fight like 4 or more months before the fight.There is time to wait until December and have a good 6 weeks of negotiating before mid Jan and if the fight then can't get made put Whyte in with 12 weeks to go so what he's saying at the moment is bollocks and a duck and I have given team Joshua to much of the benefit doubt but no more.

bballchump11

Fringe World Level
What's the point of this poll? We know it's Whyte next. They don't want to fight Wilder and Fury would have an immediate rematch with Wilder if he won.

Noonaldinho

Amateur
Never gonna be Wilder/Fury.

Only Eddie Hearn would try and start negotiations with a venue and date booked. Not much of a negotiation, more of an offer
X amount to fight this date in AJ back yard.