What is Frank Warrens plan?

I think the most recent covid measures and potential further ones may be the bullet for Dubois v. Joyce, which is a shame, obviously. Can someone clue me up as to why this can't happen behind closed doors but Whyte v. Povetkin can? I think a lot were willing (silently) to buy it PPV anyway?

(Yes this is a genuine question from someone who is perpetually bemused and puzzled by the financial world of boxing).

I think the most recent covid measures and potential further ones may be the bullet for Dubois v. Joyce, which is a shame, obviously. Can someone clue me up as to why this can't happen behind closed doors but Whyte v. Povetkin can? I think a lot were willing (silently) to buy it PPV anyway?

(Yes this is a genuine question from someone who is perpetually bemused and puzzled by the financial world of boxing).
The new Covid measures have no impact on organised sport with a Covid structure already in place (like boxing)

Football allows supporters upto a certain level and it’s still expected to roll out the planned part capacity idea.

The new rules are strictly for SOCIAL GATHERINGS.

The new Covid measures have no impact on organised sport with a Covid structure already in place (like boxing)

Football allows supporters upto a certain level and it’s still expected to roll out the planned part capacity idea.

The new rules are strictly for SOCIAL GATHERINGS.
Ok, I'm with you, fair enough. It does sound like they're trying their (QB) absolute hardest to hold out for fans though.

Both fighters are on serious money and therefore Frank needs all the cash he can generate to make it viable.
He obviously doesn’t have the resources of Matchroom and neither kid is going to want to take a pay cut.

I think Frank is expecting Dubois to win by KO and he wants the spectacle of it happening in a packed 02 with all the press and celebs ringside etc to launch him into the next PPV draw.

Apart from the Warrington and Frampton nights he’s had, it must have really stuck in his throat watching Eddie bang out the 02 consistently and he wants some of that for himself.

Both fighters are on serious money and therefore Frank needs all the cash he can generate to make it viable.
He obviously doesn’t have the resources of Matchroom and neither kid is going to want to take a pay cut.

I think Frank is expecting Dubois to win by KO and he wants the spectacle of it happening in a packed 02 with all the press and celebs ringside etc to launch him into the next PPV draw.

Apart from the Warrington and Frampton nights he’s had, it must have really stuck in his throat watching Eddie bang out the 02 consistently and he wants some of that for himself.
I am not saying they shouldn't be, but I didn't envisage them being on such a deal where it would be this much of an issue. I guess that just highlights my naivety further, as well as the gulf in capabilities between QB and EH, regardless of who has a better stable of fighters.

Aside from the reduced revenue there will be the matter of refunding the tickets for the original show. Queensberry would be giving back money they already have which would be psychologically and possibly financially difficult with no prospect of a crowd. If they announce the show will happen behind closed doors that will trigger the refunds.

It was always going to PPV. Poor article, George obviously doesn't know what's going on. Can't see an indoor crowd of a major scale this side of Christmas. Government have lost the plot again.
Yeah the article was kind of making out that they would go on ppv only if they couldn't get a crowd in as was forced to ha.

" It is understood that around 15,000 tickets have been sold for the fight, When the original date was postponed, only about 10 per cent of tickets were returned, according to promoter Frank Warren. "

is this why we are getting regular shows now :cool

No,I rate Lerrone Richards. If he pushes himself he will win a world title.
Anyone noticed every Sam Jones fighter is now signing with Hearn?

If Richards is not on one of Franks next cards can him fucking off to Hearn.

Warren said he has 2 cards being announced for Oct + 2 cards for Nov.