The OTH Great Fights Video Library - Looking For A Great Fight To Watch, Get In Here!

Country Flag
Norway
Liston v Patterson I

1. Not much to say on this one. Listons coming out party on finally winning the title. Inactually think Patterson had the right idea here, he makes Liston miss mostnof hisnshits by bobbing and weaving but its too early to be fighting at close/mid range and he pays for it dearly when he gets stuck on the rioes and right with a big left/right hook and its over.

Clay v Liston II

1. Another one rounder, this one highly controversial, possibly the most controversial of all time. Great footwork. By Ali tonstart the round as he dances rlund Liston. Liston gets a couple of decent shots in but they dont connect fully to do any damage.

Controversy comes with the phantom punch butbits clear as day he lands with a right hook over th left right on the button and drops Liston cold. We have it in HD now so the debate is over imo.

Liston isnt hurt badly but Walcott messes his count up and its the timekeeper who calls a halt to things as Walcott was about to let them continue (which they did for a little bit). Thats where the problems lies and obviously footage used to be shit and unclear.

Country Flag
Norway
You just freestylin now @Chatty ??

Just when Im working out. Ill watch a fight and then have like fifteen minutes left where its a pain to start a 12-15 rounder so may as well round it off by killing some off the short fights off.

That way I can also check if fights are available or in full as I go. Ill still be doing it in order just smashing a few random ones when I have a small time gap.

Country Flag
Norway
Evander v Qawi

1. Evander
2. Evander
3. Evander
4. Missing
5. Qawi
6. Qawi
7. Missing
8. Missing
9. Evander
10. Evander
11. Evander
12. Qawi
13. Evander
14. Missing
15. Qawi

Will rake for the missing rounds tomorrow.

Country Flag
Norway
Lamotta v Murphy 1

Cut footage but this was a quality fight from what weve got.

Murphy looks better when hes at range but he gets embroiled in a slugfest which he does very wellnin tbf, toe to toe stuff and with some huge trades and neither taking a step back, they both look knackered by round five.

Winner got a shot at Joey Maxims 175 title, interesting fight to mull over between Maxim and LaMottaz would have been interesting in both size and style.

LaMotta pulls out in the corner at the end of round six, he took a fair beating and looked knackered.

Second seems to be a very similar fight but LaMotta carries on this time and actually boxes more instead of trying to steamroll Murphy, its does the job and he wins the fight, last decent win of his career.

Country Flag
Norway
Nelson v Fenech II

1. Nelson 10-8
8. Nelson TKO

Shit only one round of foitage, need to get on the computer cause Youtube is shit on my tv. Well that hasnt worked either, only rounds 1 and 8 online, Youtube has gine to shit this year, first half found everything, second half constant subs, I blame Brexit.

Williams v Jack

Well thisnis just a short one with whats available but even just somenof the footage of this one is better than a lotnof full fights, absolutely brutal fight it is.

Swinging haymakers from the start. Jack looks huge in this one, sure his neck goes past his head and his arms are bigger than Ikes waist. That said his brawn is no match for Ikes skills and speed (though Ike needs an iron chin in this one for sure) as he stops Beaunin the sixth.

Possibly the worst stoppage Ive ever seen (minus the likes of Griffith v Paret etc) Ike lands about fifty unanswered punches, Jack is on the ropes clearly finished, nothing lef to give and in lala land. Ike waives the red to stop it in the end, the ref doesnt listen so he lands a couple of body shots and the ref does some over dramatic jump in at thisnpoint the tosser, should have been there about thirty five punches ago.

Id love all these fights in full.

Last edited:
Country Flag
Norway
Clay v Liston

1. Clay
2. Clay
3. Clay
4. Clay
5. Liston
6. Clay
7. Clay TKO (via Liston not answering the bell)

Bad match up for Liston, I feel like stylewise Ali is probably the worst you could get for him. Better with his feet, faster with his hands, taller, rangier, throws hard combinations. Alis head movement to avoid Listons jab is superb in this fight.

Ali lights Liston up in the first few rounds, long combos, uses his jab to keep Liston at bay and Sonny resorts to wild swings which are easily evaded, completely takes it away.

Funnily enough Liston would eat Jones and Cooper alive but those two being a bit smaller and faster gave them a better chance at Ali and they were able to cause him problems in the two previous figjts to this.

Good fight for showing the difference in heart at this point in their careers. Ali cant see and aive no doubt Listons team did put something on the gloves but he works his way through and weathers Listons storm (with some help from his corner). When Liston has to overcome obstacles he claims his shoulder is injured and pulls out. Theres a million conspiracies over these fights though.

Country Flag
Norway
Arce v Hussein

1. Arce
2. Hussein
3. Hussein
4. Arce
5. Arce
6. Arce
7. Hussein
8. Arce 10-8 deduction
9. Arce
10. Arce KO

Roman v Escalante = Robinson v Graziano

1. Robinson
2. Robinson
3. Robinson KO

Coatzer v Du Plooy

1. Du Plooy
2. Coatzer KO

Country Flag
Norway
Huck v Glowacki

1. Glowacki
2. Glowacki
3. Glowacki
4. Glowacki
5. Huck
6. Huck 10-8
7. Glowacki
8. Huck
9. Huck
10. Huck
11. Glowacki KTFO

Country Flag
United States of America
Arce v Hussein

1. Arce
2. Hussein
3. Hussein
4. Arce
5. Arce
6. Arce
7. Hussein
8. Arce 10-8 deduction
9. Arce
10. Arce KO

Roman v Escalante = Robinson v Graziano

1. Robinson
2. Robinson
3. Robinson KO

Coatzer v Du Plooy

1. Du Plooy
2. Coatzer KO
Arce Hussein 1 was a fuckin bloodbath

Davie

**2020 OTH Poster of the Year**
Country Flag
Scotland
Pierre Coetzer vs Johhny Du Plooy

Never heard of either man, the only face I recognised was Stanley Christodoulou

Looked like a pair of cruiserweights, went at it from the opening bell. Coetzer took a bad cut first round, down early in the second. But he put Du Plooy down twice with big left hooks to the ribs.

I've never seen a fighter get up from a body shot and look concussed before, he looked as he had got up from a knockdown from head shots, bizarre

It is THE 15 round fight for me.

Leonard early on is just circling,not looking to engage.Then he comes on strong and takes the centre of the ring.Hearns then gets on his jab and takes control back and of course we all know how it ended.

Just supreme athletes at the top of their game.
good

Country Flag
Norway
Just watched Ramos v Moore and knowing what happened the whole post fight is up there with some of the most uncomfortable viewing I have ever seen.