The OTH Great Fights Video Library - Looking For A Great Fight To Watch, Get In Here!

Country Flag
Norway
I did this thread years ago back on ESB and picked up some great fights I hadnt seen before so ten years later is a good time to go again.

Doubtful there's enough posters who'll contribute to make 100 so just take a turn each and when the thread stagnate we'll go round again.

Feel free to post links to videos or even extracts of articles if no footage is available for some of the older or more obscure fights.

I'll get the ball rolling with a a 1981 five round epic between John Locicero and William Caveman Lee. I imagine most hardcores have seen it but for those who haven't here's an early Xmas treat.

Well there’s 2 fights I’ve never seen.

@Chatty this here is the 3rd post in the thread,I can always transfer it with the Quiroga fight from Wansen if I got mod help and continue where you left off with the list if you needed me to.

For the purposes of the thread I would carry on posting the number of fights like you have past 365 as I think this could stand as testament to the ‘challenge’ and used as a library for OTH.
I may even put a page number in brackets for anybody wanting to source the fight to watch.So you can come into the thread,check for a fight,find the page number and away you go.

@Lunny yeah? Sound good if we use this as a permanent sticky with a contents in the second post.It would be a fantastic sticky if we had a list of fights in full with page number attached for easy access for viewing.

A forums strength is in its boxing content,and a range of great fights historically available in one place is fantastic.

Last edited:

Lunny

Shadowboxer's Nonsense Football Lottery Champ 2021
Staff member
Tbf were just splitting hairs when it comes to this level of great fights. Leonard-Hearns is equally as awesome, the adjustments that lead to the swings in the fight are magnificent. Its rare we get fights with so many technical adjustments and back and forth these days. 15 rounds helped a lot.
It's heartbreaking when Hearns loses. To put on a performance that good and still end up 2nd best is ridiculous. SRL was something else...

Tbf were just splitting hairs when it comes to this level of great fights. Leonard-Hearns is equally as awesome, the adjustments that lead to the swings in the fight are magnificent. Its rare we get fights with so many technical adjustments and back and forth these days. 15 rounds helped a lot.

It is THE 15 round fight for me.

Leonard early on is just circling,not looking to engage.Then he comes on strong and takes the centre of the ring.Hearns then gets on his jab and takes control back and of course we all know how it ended.

Just supreme athletes at the top of their game.