The Official OTH Man Utd Mega-thread.

Solskjaer should be a shoe in for the job, right results, right style of play, fans favourite, getting the best out of the big players.

Could the owners possibly over-look him for more experience?

Lawrenson says it's impossible not to give him it
https://www.bbc.com/sport/av/football/47344078

Klopp says he deserves it
https://www.bbc.com/sport/football/47331958
I understand appointing him but I think it will end badly and pretty quickly.

It’s too big for him and once the honeymoon is over,the board will expect something back on the investment made in the squad.

For me its like Moyes.Not a good fit long term.

Country Flag
Northern Ireland
They'll never be what Linfield are to me, but I've liked United from a young age.

At present, it would be hard to deny Solskjaer the job on a permanent basis, although there is still a lot of time between now and the end of the season. Tomorrow should have a big say on things, especially if Liverpool leave OT with nothing.

Are Martial and Lingard available?

Country Flag
Northern Ireland
I understand appointing him but I think it will end badly and pretty quickly.

It’s too big for him and once the honeymoon is over,the board will expect something back on the investment made in the squad.

For me its like Moyes.Not a good fit long term.
This is another massive thing, even if they do trust him enough for a 3-4 year contract or whatever it may be, will they trust him straight away with 100 mil or so to improve the squad? An overhaul is still needed, United are still 3 starting players and a few good squad players away from being in a position to challenge for the big trophies.

Country Flag
England
As much as I have had digs at United off throughout my life

I should have respected that 2nd three in a row team a lot more.

The last time United were truly a top team IMO. Still miles from that level at the moment.

Country Flag
Mexico
United currently hold the biggest streak in the premier league. Ole has turned United back into a force to be reckoned with.

Tonight's game is huge (also symbolic) my personal opinion - a good win against Liverpool will probably seal the contract extension for Ole.

Ole must be given the job so long as we hit top 4, and get to the cup final.

But if he is given the job we still need a radical overhaul of the club. It's time we grew into the modern game with a director of football, somebody else who fits the ethos of the club and takes a big release off of Woodward and the manager when it comes to transfers. Its a difficult job to fill, but it's been necessary since the day Fergie and Gill walked out the door.

Phelan needs to be secured with Ole. He gets it, he's respected and he is a wise head to have around.

Bogotazo

Administrator
Staff member
The board not investing the previous summer or this past January is looking costly now, even with a best-case manager scenario atm.

Considering the misfit squad put out there today it was a decent result. Liverpool should have jumped at the opportunity but they looked uncreative and timid compared to how they usually play.

Country Flag
Mexico
The board not investing the previous summer or this past January is looking costly now, even with a best-case manager scenario atm.

Considering the misfit squad put out there today it was a decent result. Liverpool should have jumped at the opportunity but they looked uncreative and timid compared to how they usually play.
Liverpool are one of the toughest games this season. It's not hard to imagine a win if United had Matic, Lingard, a fully fit Rashford, Herrera, Martial. Matas hurt now

Considering how United were last time they played Liverpool. I'd say the result isn't bad

Last edited: