The COVID-19 Pandemic Has A Cheap, Effective Treatment

Country Flag
Saudi Arabia
Anyone else following this story?

Tl;dr A new virus, similar to SARS which killed around 800 people in 2002/03, was found in December in the central Chinese city of Wuhan & has killed 17 & infected thousands. Cases have been detected around the world & the Chinese government are locking down entire cities to try & prevent the virus spreading further

Rumours are that its actually much worse than official Chinese figures

Jack Ledger

OTH Poker Champion
Country Flag
Ireland
Wuhan is pretty much sealed off at this point. No transport in the city or into/out whether by plane or train.
Must have the Chinese pretty worried.

I've long thought the human population was due a decent cull. Most major cities and many countries are over populated. Don't think this will do the trick though unless it mutates, only a 2% mortality rate.

Find it too much of a coincidence that this outbreak has taken place in the city with China's only Biosafety Level 4 lab. Maybe some biological warfare experiment gone wrong.

After the BSL-4 laboratory is put into operation formally, it will conduct research for natural focal viruses including Ebola virus and other emerging viruses, such as researches on rapid detection system, molecular epidemiology, infectious disease etiology, therapeutic antibody, vaccine and drug evaluation, and assessment on biological risk factors, thus building a biosafety platform in China for emerging and fulminant infectious diseases in terms of isolation and identification of pathogen, building of infection models, vaccine development, biological containment and research on mechanism of interaction between pathogen and the host.

Country Flag
Saudi Arabia
More cities shutting down public transport & cancelling all Chinese New Year celebrations

Roddy White

6x Runner Up
Didn't know, bit surprised.

Any Derry wans I know think there is nothing like their city and couldn't wait to get moved back home after uni/changing jobs etc.
A lot do, theres fuck all jobs though. I've been in England for 16 years now (manchester then london and recently moved to leeds). Theres a shit load of Derry ones working in Liverpool, Manc, Glasgow, London, Dubai and Australia.

Wouldn't rule out moving back in the future though. All depends on work.

Jack Ledger

OTH Poker Champion
Country Flag
Ireland
The local hall is lying empty and I have nothing planned that night. Should have lifted the phone Bob. Would have got it sold out on short notice for you in exchange for ringside seats.

Jack Ledger

OTH Poker Champion
Country Flag
Ireland
Country Flag
Saudi Arabia
Death toll up to 26, 10 Chinese cities have travel restrictions & more cases are popping up around the world

There are some mad videos of Chinese paramedics in full hazmat gear picking up people who've collapsed in the street