Showtime: David Benavidez vs Roamer Alexis Angulo rbr

I hope he can stick around long enough for Caleb Plant.

Country Flag
England

I hope he can stick around long enough for Caleb Plant.
Lol he doesn’t deserve the belt for wanting a tune up before fighting Avni Yildrim FFS.

Yildirim vs Smith for vacant title is what some fans are saying.

The WBC love to recycle mandotories over and over again. Been doing it for years. Once your in their rankings it seems you never leave. See Jean Pascal, Junior Witter, Anthony Dirrell off the top of my head.

Yildirim vs Smith for vacant title is what some fans are saying.

The WBC love to recycle mandotories over and over again. Been doing it for years. Once your in their rankings it seems you never leave. See Jean Pascal, Junior Witter, Anthony Dirrell off the top of my head.
WBC will get Yildrim some cash and make Canelo v Smith for the vacant title.

Stupid. Missing weight I can understand in the circumstances, he’s a big SMW and with lockdown etc. but taking this unnecessary fight and losing your title because of it is just silly.

If he really needed a tune up and knew his condition wasn’t great, why not just do what the old timers did and do a Non title 10 rounder?

Don’t see it much anymore, but I think it would be good for a lot of fighters actually. Get them out more often, keep ticking over. Especially for guys who have struggled with motivation.

If he really needed a tune up and knew his condition wasn’t great, why not just do what the old timers did and do a Non title 10 rounder?

Don’t see it much anymore, but I think it would be good for a lot of fighters actually. Get them out more often, keep ticking over. Especially for guys who have struggled with motivation.
yeah most of the Top Rank fights after the lockdown have been non title fights and a couple pounds above their weight classes.

Country Flag
England

I get your point but fighters aren’t active anymore nor do they have the balls anymore.

Avni Yildrim was a mandated fight he has known about for ages. Yildrim got obliterated by Eubank jr and lost to Dirrell a Benevidez victim. If you need a tune up before fighting him then you don’t deserve to have any standing in the sport. As for the three lbs over as well, he can get in the bin, 168 historically has been a class division but it is utter dogshit now. John Ryder getting the belt he deserved would have saved it because John would actually fight people.

Leo Santa Cruz after many months out wanted a tune up before fighting a guy he had already beaten ( Abner Mares) His tune up was against a guy (Avalon’s) knocked out by the person he beat in his fight before (Frampton)....pathetic.