Scott Quigg Appreciation Thread

Announced his retirement today. He won't be going in to the hall of fame but I do wanna give Scott credit for a great career.

Won the British and a version of the WBA title and was a solid top 5/10 fighter in the world for a solid 6 year period. Scott very much got the best out of his talent one of the most hard working and dedicated fighters in recent years. His wins over Jasan Booth, Rendall Munroe, Tshifhiwa Munyai and Kiko Martinez were his best performances. Notably in losses to the best he faced, he fought through serious injury and pain, never quitting physically or mentally and always trying to win.

Often mocked in his early career for not being the smartest, his personality shone through in the later years. Ring walks from his house, "Boxing Brain" and the classic "Just call me the Paper Champ, because if you want the Paper you gotta fight me" comment.

Well done Scott Quigg.

Roe

Lineal Champion
Staff member
Country Flag
Italy
Quigg always seems to get a bit of a bad rap on the forums for whatever reason but he's always seemed a decent guy imo. Always been game for a fight and has mixed with some of the best as well.

Nice to see him get out at a good time if this really is him done now.

Country Flag
England
Always seemed like a decent guy if borderline learning disability. Very hard trainer and I’d imagine you’d struggle to find a more dedicated fighter anywhere. But, when you look at his record a bit more in depth it doesn’t really stand the test of time.

Wish him luck in his retirement, always game and good value.

Got a lot out of a career based on fitness,determination despite not being the most naturally talented.

Many more talented achieve far less,glad he has hung them up sure many have mocked him about not coming across as being the brightest but by having a final test and calling it quits if he stays retired he obviously as least is aware he has nothing left,especially compared to those that soldier on.

Country Flag
Cuba
I like Quigg but he shamelessy ducked Rigo and then was given a world title in a shady way. That time they brought Rigo up in an interview and Quigg looked like he was gonna cry was great though.

Solid domestic fighter who proved to be a very decent contender, he blew his big chance at frampton by having a woeful gameplan.

Hope he stay retired wnd finds something good to do with his life, he doesnt need to be making conebacks, he looked utterly shot on Saturday.

Country Flag
England
He will continue a career in boxing. Probably one of those guys who has zero intelligence but knows the game inside out and would make a good second or trainer.

One of my favourite moments was when he was on Ringside and outlined his entire gameplan for Rendall Monroe to Johnny Nelson before he cut him off.

Fun fact about Monroe: he was a binman apparently?

Dillinja

OTH Poker Champion
He will continue a career in boxing. Probably one of those guys who has zero intelligence but knows the game inside out and would make a good second or trainer.

One of my favourite moments was when he was on Ringside and outlined his entire gameplan for Rendall Monroe to Johnny Nelson before he cut him off.

Fun fact about Monroe: he was a binman apparently?
He was pretty well known as the boxing bin man, he and his team used to wear high vis tops like binmen on the ring walks.