Post A Pic of Yourself

Part 7 of ura's comic book features @Mat Cauthon and @Strike as Mat's darkly cynical and possibly violent buddhist outlook on life clashes with the flamboyent england dandy Strike and his reputedly verbose manner of communication such as rarely seen in this day and age let alone on the increasingly unpopular internet forum, even more so when the forum is a shoddily run boxing forum populated by people like @Mandela who don't even watch boxing and yet are life long members of atleast two different boxing forums on the internet or as it used to be called thw www....to elaborate that stands for the world wide web or www. for short. No one knows what https:// stands for though...

View attachment 16681
@Lunny make @uraharakisuke an honorable member and forbid him to ever leave

Chacal

King Champ
Country Flag
Cuba
No we didn't, but we did do a wine tasting at another winery that my mate set up. He's an MW and wrote his dissertation on the wines of Santorini and now imports some of the best Greek wines to the UK.

There are actually some excellent Greek wines, it's just that most of them are mass produced average stuff or flat out awful. But there are some quality producers who are just trying to get a broader market. Santorini is one of the oldest wine regions in the world and used to be world famous.

However, I know very little about it, and I'm only really familiar with the Assyrtiko grape, so it's hard to buy anything from an educated point of view unless I'm with my mate.

We had a brilliant red on our last day in Athens from Tenerife, and I had no idea they even produced wine there. Shows how quickly your knowledge can become outdated and how big the gap is from someone like me and an expert.
Interesting, I didn’t know that about Greek wines.

I was 18 and still drinking to get drunk at that stage rather than for the flavour. All I know is we got 4 tasting trays between 3 of us, and Ali’s brother was driving so we had most of his, then we ordered loads more so probably had close to 2 bottles each by the end. So it’s no wonder the wine didn’t stand out other than the horrific hangover the next day.

I will say the view was spectacular as it’s the highest point in Santorini. Magnificent sunset.

What’s your mates place called? I’ve been considering a return trip to santo.

TFG

WORLD CUP CHAMPION
Country Flag
England
I'm going to try and book Santorini pretty soon as well, need to get the fuck out of here.

I know someone who got a villa pretty high up the mountain with a hot tub and stuff for a decent price, I reckon that's the play.

Interesting, I didn’t know that about Greek wines.

I was 18 and still drinking to get drunk at that stage rather than for the flavour. All I know is we got 4 tasting trays between 3 of us, and Ali’s brother was driving so we had most of his, then we ordered loads more so probably had close to 2 bottles each by the end. So it’s no wonder the wine didn’t stand out other than the horrific hangover the next day.

I will say the view was spectacular as it’s the highest point in Santorini. Magnificent sunset.

What’s your mates place called? I’ve been considering a return trip to santo.
I should point out that it's not my mate's place, it's a mate of my mate, and my mate has just started shipping his wines to the UK.

It's called Vassaltis.

I'm going to try and book Santorini pretty soon as well, need to get the fuck out of here.

I know someone who got a villa pretty high up the mountain with a hot tub and stuff for a decent price, I reckon that's the play.
Santorini is stunning, but the views from Oia got crowded even when we went a couple of weeks ago, and the locals all said it was the quietest they had seen for well over a decade.

It's also a pricey island compared to some of the other ones we went to, and I'd advise doing a few days in Santorini then going to some of the others.

Antiparos is cool, and still busy enough around the main square with cocktail bars etc to not feel dull for someone wanting a bit of nightlife.

Folegandros was probably our favourite, but it's far more chilled and eating in a square with lots of locals and old people sat about than it is busy bars etc.

The best meals we had on any of the islands were Metaxi Mas in Santorini, Omega 3 in Sifnos and Oh Hamos in Milos.

The food in many places gets a bit samey and while they have some of the best produce in the world, a lot of the restaurants are pretty average but enjoyable. A few in Santorini are a rip off charging for a view.

Part 7 of ura's comic book features @Mat Cauthon and @Strike as Mat's darkly cynical and possibly violent buddhist outlook on life clashes with the flamboyent england dandy Strike and his reputedly verbose manner of communication such as rarely seen in this day and age let alone on the increasingly unpopular internet forum, even more so when the forum is a shoddily run boxing forum populated by people like @Mandela who don't even watch boxing and yet are life long members of atleast two different boxing forums on the internet or as it used to be called thw www....to elaborate that stands for the world wide web or www. for short. No one knows what https:// stands for though...

View attachment 16681
Broadbandless monks :rofl