Post A Pic of Yourself

Assuming you did the wine tasting at Santo Wines?

Went a few years back - obviously it's Greek wine so never really going to be good, but a very cheap and enjoyable wine tasting, with a particularly flavoursome tomato paste they sell.

A lil' fresh faced Chacal and his now wife up at the Winery - aged 18.

View attachment 16663
No we didn't, but we did do a wine tasting at another winery that my mate set up. He's an MW and wrote his dissertation on the wines of Santorini and now imports some of the best Greek wines to the UK.

There are actually some excellent Greek wines, it's just that most of them are mass produced average stuff or flat out awful. But there are some quality producers who are just trying to get a broader market. Santorini is one of the oldest wine regions in the world and used to be world famous.

However, I know very little about it, and I'm only really familiar with the Assyrtiko grape, so it's hard to buy anything from an educated point of view unless I'm with my mate.

We had a brilliant red on our last day in Athens from Tenerife, and I had no idea they even produced wine there. Shows how quickly your knowledge can become outdated and how big the gap is from someone like me and an expert.

Last edited:

Mat Cauthon

Former Last Man Standing™

Mat Cauthon

No we didn't, but we did do a wine tasting at another winery that my mate set up. He's an MW and wrote his dissertation on the wines of Santorini and now imports some of the best Greek wines to the UK.

They are actually some excellent Greek wines, it's just that most of them are mass produced average stuff or flat out awful. But there are some quality producers who are just trying to get a broader market. Santorini is one of the oldest wine regions in the world and used to be world famous.

However, I know very little about it, and I'm only really familiar with the Assyrtiko grape, so it's hard to buy anything from an educated point of view unless I'm with my mate.

We had a brilliant red on our last day in Athens from Tenerife, and I had no idea they even produced wine there. Shows how quickly your knowledge can become outdated and how big the gap is from someone like me and an expert.
this fucking post man, swear tae fuck

@Strike how do you become a wine expert?

I think that’s a job you would excell at.
You take qualifications and generally work in the industry. I have a stage 3 qualification, but the next step is a 1 year diploma and it's expensive. To be an MW is stupidly hard and takes years of work...there are only 393 Masters of Wine in the world and you've got no chance unless you taste a stupid amount and study for years.

Part 7 of ura's comic book features @Mat Cauthon and @Strike as Mat's darkly cynical and possibly violent buddhist outlook on life clashes with the flamboyent england dandy Strike and his reputedly verbose manner of communication such as rarely seen in this day and age let alone on the increasingly unpopular internet forum, even more so when the forum is a shoddily run boxing forum populated by people like @Mandela who don't even watch boxing and yet are life long members of atleast two different boxing forums on the internet or as it used to be called thw www....to elaborate that stands for the world wide web or www. for short. No one knows what https:// stands for though...

merlot.png

Mat Cauthon

Part 7 of ura's comic book features @Mat Cauthon and @Strike as Mat's darkly cynical and possibly violent buddhist outlook on life clashes with the flamboyent england dandy Strike and his reputedly verbose manner of communication such as rarely seen in this day and age let alone on the increasingly unpopular internet forum, even more so when the forum is a shoddily run boxing forum populated by people like @Mandela who don't even watch boxing and yet are life long members of atleast two different boxing forums on the internet or as it used to be called thw www....to elaborate that stands for the world wide web or www. for short. No one knows what https:// stands for though...

View attachment 16681
I just laughed so hard that I shit myself.

View attachment 16681
You've got my birthday a decade too early.