Mixed Martial Arts: UFC, BELLATOR, ONE FC etc

Pab

Born a Caucasian
Staff member
Country Flag
Ireland
Think I'm rolling with DC but it's a very tough call. Both fights were won off big errors by the loser in terms of taking their eye off the ball that you'd assume they'd each have rectified this time around.

DC can hang on the feet and has been more than competitive there with Stipe though, so as long as he keeps that in the back pocket and sticks predominantly to wrestling I just think he has more way to do it. Who knows though.

Think I'm rolling with DC but it's a very tough call. Both fights were won off big errors by the loser in terms of taking their eye off the ball that you'd assume they'd each have rectified this time around.

DC can hang on the feet and has been more than competitive there with Stipe though, so as long as he keeps that in the back pocket and sticks predominantly to wrestling I just think he has more way to do it. Who knows though.
I’m edging towards Stipe. Cormier’s already admitted he’s done after this, so he’s got a foot out the door, plus I think Stipe’s loss in the first fight was more of a ‘freak incident’ than DC’s loss in the second. That short hook DC landed after the clinch must have been to the millimetre to KO Stipe, if that’d landed in a hundred other spots the fight carries on.

I’m not taking anything away from the win, plenty of fighters have won belts on points which is way less decisive, I’m just trying to split the two cunts apart and actually pick a winner. They’re so close, that’s all I’ve got.

TFG

WORLD CUP CHAMPION
Country Flag
England
I expect Cormier to come out in Khabib mode on Saturday and approach the fight similar to how he did against Rumble. He knows he can take him down and keep him there so the gameplan is pretty simple.

The only way I see Stipe winning is grinding him out on the feet and that's going to be difficult if you're on your back. If he had a bit more one punch power I'd fancy him more.

Don't know anything about this lack of training though and I think the retirement talk can go either way, it can be a distraction, or it can be extra motivation to get the win and go out the way you want to.

I expect Cormier to come out in Khabib mode on Saturday and approach the fight similar to how he did against Rumble. He knows he can take him down and keep him there so the gameplan is pretty simple.

The only way I see Stipe winning is grinding him out on the feet and that's going to be difficult if you're on your back. If he had a bit more one punch power I'd fancy him more.

Don't know anything about this lack of training though and I think the retirement talk can go either way, it can be a distraction, or it can be extra motivation to get the win and go out the way you want to.

Yeah, that’s definitely the best route to victory for DC, but he does like to mix it up and the fact that he’s KO’d Stipe before might make him want to stand. Stipe’s not easy to take down, mind.

As for your last paragraph, I’m not sure either but I’ve edged towards it being a distraction. He’s got a foot into the commentary box and a coaching role already.

TFG

WORLD CUP CHAMPION
Country Flag
England
Yeah, that’s definitely the best route to victory for DC, but he does like to mix it up and the fact that he’s KO’d Stipe before might make him want to stand. Stipe’s not easy to take down, mind.

As for your last paragraph, I’m not sure either but I’ve edged towards it being a distraction. He’s got a foot into the commentary box and a coaching role already.
I'd agree if he hadn't been honest and open about the fact he is going drag Stipe to the mat, told him to bring his wrestling shoes etc. He's a smart guy, doesn't want to go out on a loss and knows he can win this way.

Stipe isn't easy to takedown your right but there's just no defending the high crotch single from DC, I think he'll fail on a few against the cage but I fancy him to grab that single leg at least once per round. In between that I see it being pretty even on the feet, if Stipe had more of a one punch KO threat it'd be different.

Tough one to call though and very strategy dependent.

I'd agree if he hadn't been honest and open about the fact he is going drag Stipe to the mat, told him to bring his wrestling shoes etc. He's a smart guy, doesn't want to go out on a loss and knows he can win this way.

Stipe isn't easy to takedown your right but there's just no defending the high crotch single from DC, I think he'll fail on a few against the cage but I fancy him to grab that single leg at least once per round. In between that I see it being pretty even on the feet, if Stipe had more of a one punch KO threat it'd be different.

Tough one to call though and very strategy dependent.
Has Cormier got the tank for that now?

He got very tired in the last fight and I don't think it was because of the body shots.

Jack Ledger

OTH Poker Champion
Country Flag
Ireland
MMA Mania have left out the 1st early prelim fight (Kamaka) rather inexplicably. One of the writers must have missed he had been allocated it as it was a late addition to the card.

Statszone leaving out Daukaus-Porter as it is a 50-50, they're leaning towards fight not to go the distance if any of you degenerates need to know.

1597420125806.png

Chacal

King Champ
Country Flag
Cuba
MMA Mania have left out the 1st early prelim fight (Kamaka) rather inexplicably. One of the writers must have missed he had been allocated it as it was a late addition to the card.

Statszone leaving out Daukaus-Porter as it is a 50-50, they're leaning towards fight not to go the distance if any of you degenerates need to know.

View attachment 16818

My dude

TFG

WORLD CUP CHAMPION
Country Flag
England
Has Cormier got the tank for that now?

He got very tired in the last fight and I don't think it was because of the body shots.
Fuck knows man.

I don't think he'll fight with the same intensity as Khabib, he'll just go into every round looking for the takedown rather than a stand up war.

Hey Guys,

New member here, decided to join after lurking on this thread over the last few ufc cards.

Who does everyone fancy tomorrow?

On the main card I've got Stipe, Jair (though intrigued to see how JDS shows up as he's supposed to be in tremendous shape), O'Malley (begrudingly, but want Chito to win), Burns and can't decide between a Merab UD or later round ko for Dodson.

Can't wait!

Hey Guys,

New member here, decided to join after lurking on this thread over the last few ufc cards.

Who does everyone fancy tomorrow?

On the main card I've got Stipe, Jair (though intrigued to see how JDS shows up as he's supposed to be in tremendous shape), O'Malley (begrudingly, but want Chito to win), Burns and can't decide between a Merab UD or later round ko for Dodson.

Can't wait!
Welcome, mate.

I’m going for Stipe, O’Malley, Rosenstruik, and Dvalishvili.

Also, I can’t read the word ‘tremendous’ without thinking about Joey Diaz and Mackenzie Dern’s bumhole.

Chacal

King Champ
Country Flag
Cuba

View attachment 16818

1597429532189.png

£50 spread on accas
Going to stake another £50 across a bunch of doubles and trebles

For clarity:

MMA MANIA bet and COMMON PICK bet do not include methods - they are just there for tracking.
I have gone with Rozenstruik W instead of KO, as the odds were so similar that it was the difference between 17.8/1 and 18.5/1