Matchroom to return from the Stadium MK Plantation

Jack Ledger

OTH Poker Champion
Country Flag
Ireland
Wasn't there a push to get more bouts allowed on cards (5 > 7) before next week's PPV?
This is tough going for £20.

1597440568057.png

Jack Ledger

OTH Poker Champion
Country Flag
Ireland
Looks like Babic-Winters is on there which is ambitious matchmaking. Tried to do Wardley-Webb but Webb pulled out of negotiations.

Said 6 fights earlier but only listed 5. Agree with you, it’s a tough sell. Needs another fight.
That is a fucking dreadful fight for a PPV. I believe Yanks are still supposed to do a 14 day quarantine in the UK so is Winters in the country?

Trying to make Wardley-Webb two weeks out from a PPV date that was announced in late June is also disgraceful. That's before we get to the fact that is an English level fight being used to prop up a PPV.

That is a fucking dreadful fight for a PPV. I believe Yanks are still supposed to do a 14 day quarantine in the UK so is Winters in the country?

Trying to make Wardley-Webb two weeks out from a PPV date that was announced in late June is also disgraceful. That's before we get to the fact that is an English level fight being used to prop up a PPV.
can get government exemeptions for sporting events which is how they will get him in.

Doyen-esque levels of self-awareness here from the man who has fought 1 Latvian, 1 Georgian, 1 Ghanaian and 2 Hungarians in his reign of terror and is just after a soft touch fight.

Ha ha. I thought exactly the same. Time he boxed a Spanish champion. Im giving him a chance but not too much of one. OK let him have a decent step up fight first. Ive watched a few fights from last nights bill and I don't think Conway would be out of place in the ring with him, Fitzgerald, Cheesman again etc or some of the others. All good fighters but not worldbeaters.
Just watched Ball beat Courtenay. Really good scrap. Other than what @cam2010 has told us I knew nothing about Ball. From what Andy said shed been matched tougher than Shannon and when I saw them in the ring dunno why but I thought Holm vs Rhonda Rousey. Confirmed when she landed that punch. Courtenay did well to fight back so well. Close fight but I was pleased Rachel got it. Soft spot for boxers who have other jobs, especially now care/ health workers.

Ha ha. I thought exactly the same. Time he boxed a Spanish champion. Im giving him a chance but not too much of one. OK let him have a decent step up fight first. Ive watched a few fights from last nights bill and I don't think Conway would be out of place in the ring with him, Fitzgerald, Cheesman again etc or some of the others. All good fighters but not worldbeaters.
Just watched Ball beat Courtenay. Really good scrap. Other than what @cam2010 has told us I knew nothing about Ball. From what Andy said shed been matched tougher than Shannon and when I saw them in the ring dunno why but I thought Holm vs Rhonda Rousey. Confirmed when she landed that punch. Courtenay did well to fight back so well. Close fight but I was pleased Rachel got it. Soft spot for boxers who have other jobs, especially now care/ health workers.
[/QUO

Anthony Fowler has a second job as a CBD oil ambassador,the health benefits and the extra percent it has given him that has made him the uncrowned champion he is,yes a second job for Fowler there is the respect :grin

Jack Ledger

OTH Poker Champion
Country Flag
Ireland
There’s no way I’m paying for that card just out of principle. Disgraceful lineup to be charging for.
Decided the same this morning.

Going to purchase a 2nd IPTV sub instead so that if the main one goes to shit for the PPV the new one will hopefully dig me out.

Good luck to those paying 20 quid/25 euro to watch next weeks PPV,no chance will I be paying for it,doubt I will even bother trying to river it.

If people are happy to pay for a card like that on top of a subscription fee,good luck even as a boxing hardcore fan I can see why the younger generation are watching MMA/UFC more competitive cards where being on the left of the bill doesn't mean you are 1/4 on to win a so called 50/50 fight.

It is a shit card,might do my shopping next Saturday evening as the shops will be empty as Ireland to a man.woman child will be at a standstill for Katie Taylor :rofl

From what Ive seen so far Andy has allowed us to listen to the corners with only one apology about the language. Once again, nice to see.
Stop spoiling our fun Smithy.