Matchroom to return from the Stadium MK Plantation

Status
Not open for further replies.

Whyte v Povetkin on PPV? Seriously? Sky Sports have offered their customers nothing since mid March content wise and they're slapping the first decent they have on PPV. It ain't even a world title fight. Povetkin drew his last fight and Whyte's fight on the same card was a borefest. Obviously it'll sell, but fuck me they have a cheek.
You can't have been expecting anything but ppv

Whyte v Povetkin on PPV? Seriously? Sky Sports have offered their customers nothing since mid March content wise and they're slapping the first decent they have on PPV. It ain't even a world title fight. Povetkin drew his last fight and Whyte's fight on the same card was a borefest. Obviously it'll sell, but fuck me they have a cheek.

Surely nobody has been paying for Sky Sports during this time.

Yeah originally it was ppv and now with no ticket money it will lose money for Hearn most likley unless ppv sales are big.Sky will have the footy,Cricket and F1 back by this point.

They aren’t gong to put a fight on that loses money.

You can’t tell me they only make gate receipts from a PPV card?

Suppose depends on what the minimums are. Hearn gets 20% of the profit doesnt he? If the gate is £2m that might be Hearns cut all told. You'd think contracts renegotiated

They might struggle to hit those minumums. Like Wilder Fury 'lost money' as they didn't hit the PPVs it meant to

Suppose depends on what the minimums are. Hearn gets 20% of the profit doesnt he? If the gate is £2m that might be Hearns cut all told. You'd think contracts renegotiated

They might struggle to hit those minumums. Like Wilder Fury 'lost money' as they didn't hit the PPVs it meant to

Imagine there is much more nuance than this and all figures very basic and estimates you could rip apart but still;

So normally fight might be split of profit to Whyte 80% 20% Hearn. Presuming Pov on a set purse

Event Income

Gate - £2.8m
Sponsor - £200k
PPV* - £3.6M
foreign TV - £1M

* 300k@£20 - 60% promoter. 40% sky.

Costs

Event costs - £500k
Povetkin - £1M
Undercard - £500k

Profit split between Hearn and Whyte

£7.6M less £2M. £5.5M profit.

Split 80% - £4.4M Whyte 20% £1.1M Matchroom.

Whyte has it contracted that he will get £4M purse as a minimum.

Take out gate fees. Event costs might even go up with extra testing and protocols and space needed to rent. but we'll assume the same say.

Income becomes £4.8M
Costs £2.5M

Whyte still has his £4M minimum to be paid

He won't be making much money that's for sure,Boxing finances give me a headache ha

Country Flag
England
Eddie should get a lot of fights lined up and do them over a few weeks, more than one a week etc. Then he could charge for the entire few weeks and have it exclusively on a Sky channel. Sky Sports Boxing for a few weeks.

How he does a PPV with c Povetkin based on current flight restrictions / quarantine for two weeks guidance is anyones guess.

I highly, highly doubt this comes off until August at the earliest.

Still no sparring allowed, likely wont be until July at the earliest more likely still to be delayed until much later.

Hearn should shift focus to the US market but DAZN going broke wont help him there - they want proper fights.

How he does a PPV with c Povetkin based on current flight restrictions / quarantine for two weeks guidance is anyones guess.

Still no sparring allowed, likely wont be until July at the earliest more likely still to be delayed until much later.

Hearn should shift focus to the US market but DAZN going broke wont help him there - they want proper fights.

An empty house with a gym for Povetkin and him team to come over and stay in while isolating as a group? bring over the full team and house and feed them

Whyte and his team have been in Portugal the whole time, think they dealt with it so well there hes been able to spar

An empty house with a gym for Povetkin and him team to come over and stay in while isolating as a group? bring over the full team and house and feed them

How many houses come equipped with boxing gyms inside them? Will have to be in the same building.

Plenty of houses with gyms that would suffice.

I'll believe it when I see it.

My sense is there will come a time in the not too distant future where the costs will spiral so high, he'll look at delaying it.

I hope not, would like some boxing to watch.

People are so desperate for live sports that this would do crazy PPV numbers, especially as fans wont be able to actually to attend the fight, that could potentially mean an additional 30,000 - 40,000 PPV buys...

Status
Not open for further replies.