Matchroom to return from the Stadium MK Plantation

Status
Not open for further replies.
In other countries yes.Football and boxing will be returning in no time at all trust me.
Bundesliga coming back. Euro 2020 is gonna be next year. Ill believe the back garden stuff when I see it, though even if it did happen it wouldn't be the same. But I think everything is up in the air at the moment. For me the UK hasn't actually been in lockdown, not really. Too many people not following the guidelines and this "easing" is too early. Give it a month and the figures will be back up. The R will be well over one. Back in a lockdown which they'll try to really enforce this time. Then well see if theres any sport.
I know Im a pessimist but thats the way I see things happening mate. Im sure you've tried your best,so have I and many others but theres too many being flippant about it. They've not done justice to the NHS and other key workers. The government letting people drive to the beaches?? Recipe for disaster. Too early.
As usual I hope iM wrong. But in this case I REALLY hope so mate.

Bundesliga coming back. Euro 2020 is gonna be next year. Ill believe the back garden stuff when I see it, though even if it did happen it wouldn't be the same. But I think everything is up in the air at the moment. For me the UK hasn't actually been in lockdown, not really. Too many people not following the guidelines and this "easing" is too early. Give it a month and the figures will be back up. The R will be well over one. Back in a lockdown which they'll try to really enforce this time. Then well see if theres any sport.
I know Im a pessimist but thats the way I see things happening mate. Im sure you've tried your best,so have I and many others but theres too many being flippant about it. They've not done justice to the NHS and other key workers. The government letting people drive to the beaches?? Recipe for disaster. Too early.
As usual I hope iM wrong. But in this case I REALLY hope so mate.

Premier league is returning on June 14th (?)

All players will be self tested at home before training and matches.

UFC has had a few dates already.

Boxing will be back in June.

It’s inevitable.The world will not just stop for the deaths of what is a very small section of the population (70+ and underlying health conditions)

Jack Ledger

OTH Poker Champion
Country Flag
Ireland
Picture the scene. Okolie can no longer make cruiser so steps up to heavyweight and his first fight at the weight is against Hughie Fury. Fuck me.
"It's only the price of 6 pints down the pub"
"Boxing hardcore will love this"
"Great opportunity to see the technical aspects of boxing"
"One of these men will be the next great UK heavyweight"
"Co-main is just as exciting, Terri Harper has had a big falling out with her missus and we're sorting it out over 10 rounds between them"

Premier league is returning on June 14th (?)

All players will be self tested at home before training and matches.

UFC has had a few dates already.

Boxing will be back in June.

It’s inevitable.The world will not just stop for the deaths of what is a very small section of the population (70+ and underlying health conditions)

I thought around September iirc for boxing and football,nothing with a crowd until 2021 boxing,football wise in the uk,some Golf challenge tonight USA I think four players.

No way can I see the premier league starting 14th June,be later than that and with the death rates as they are really I haven't spoken to anyone who really cares when it comes back with the figures coming out daily,

Hearn seems set on four weekends back to back last few in July and August,individual sports rather than team ones have a better chance of starting early.Cricket again maybe late July.

The premier league is looking at a very condensed schedule I read,well some players don't want to play and if enough agree,what next.

The landscape is changing daily and if the testing doesn't go well it will be pushed back further,I have no confidence the football authourities really have a clear plan if and when they do hit obstacles.If several teams have to self isolate and another delay,well if they want to end the season Sept or October could be more realistic,what about the fa cup and European football,looks a real mess to me.Then the lower leagues promotion,relegation clubs muist be really close to going to the wall lower down,not good.

Picture the scene. Okolie can no longer make cruiser so steps up to heavyweight and his first fight at the weight is against Hughie Fury. Fuck me.
Many a true word spoken in jest Boxalot. Have you seen that series on SKY called Fighting Fit. Numerous boxers on it. Lawrence I think one of the first. How he makes cruiser just escapes me. Still not an ounce of fat on him and he looks huge. I don't think he'd be actually dwarfed by Hughie and I might be the only one to say this but Id watch it with a bit of interest. Wouldn't be his first fight at heavy but I wouldn't exactly write that one off for the future. Both capable of being European champions at least.

I thought around September iirc for boxing and football,nothing with a crowd until 2021 boxing,football wise in the uk,some Golf challenge tonight USA I think four players.

No way can I see the premier league starting 14th June,be later than that and with the death rates as they are really I haven't spoken to anyone who really cares when it comes back with the figures coming out daily,

Hearn seems set on four weekends back to back last few in July and August,individual sports rather than team ones have a better chance of starting early.Cricket again maybe late July.

The premier league is looking at a very condensed schedule I read,well some players don't want to play and if enough agree,what next.

The landscape is changing daily and if the testing doesn't go well it will be pushed back further,I have no confidence the football authourities really have a clear plan if and when they do hit obstacles.If several teams have to self isolate and another delay,well if they want to end the season Sept or October could be more realistic,what about the fa cup and European football,looks a real mess to me.Then the lower leagues promotion,relegation clubs muist be really close to going to the wall lower down,not good.
Very realistic. Cricket more feasible I think. No more Brian Close at silly mid on/off though!!

Many a true word spoken in jest Boxalot. Have you seen that series on SKY called Fighting Fit. Numerous boxers on it. Lawrence I think one of the first. How he makes cruiser just escapes me. Still not an ounce of fat on him and he looks huge. I don't think he'd be actually dwarfed by Hughie and I might be the only one to say this but Id watch it with a bit of interest. Wouldn't be his first fight at heavy but I wouldn't exactly write that one off for the future. Both capable of being European champions at least.

Be one for the ages alongside Akinwande v Welch a real cure for insomnia.

The match I would bill as 'Hackney v Acne' on many levels it's not a pretty match up.

Very realistic. Cricket more feasible I think. No more Brian Close at silly mid on/off though!!

Well things in middle and upper England must be bad if Wimbledon has been cancelled,more chance of the fella in your avatar getting a flash across the common,poor Dan Maskell would be turning in his grave 'new ball's,please':grin

Footballs happening mate,already agreed just not announced.

It’s 14th of June or July.

Domestic fights I'd like to see in the garden.

Okolie v Riakporhe
Smith v Ryder
Buatsi v Burton
Benn v Clay
McGregor v Farooq
Price v Hughie
Ritson v Flanagan
Cheeseman v Fowler

Wanting to see Okolie vs Riakporhe.... That is self punishment in its highest form.

Trippy

Former Last Man Standing™

Whyte v Povetkin on PPV? Seriously? Sky Sports have offered their customers nothing since mid March content wise and they're slapping the first decent they have on PPV. It ain't even a world title fight. Povetkin drew his last fight and Whyte's fight on the same card was a borefest. Obviously it'll sell, but fuck me they have a cheek.

Status
Not open for further replies.