Injuries not healing right

What do

• Total voters

Chacal

King of the Spackers
Country Flag
Cuba
Bit of an odd one.

I broke my right foot ten years ago jumping off the school roof. The 1st metatarsal, the big one.

Ive felt occasional pain in the exact spot over the past ten years, bizarrely especially in humid weather or when a thunderstorm is starting but that might not be relevent to anything.

But it has been absolutely fucking killing me lately. Cracking constantly and genuine pain that goes right to the surface of the skin.

Is there a chance it didn't heal right? Like the bone didnt properly fuse?

Is this worth seeing a doctor about? Its not giving me mobility issues, it just hurts like a cunt from time to time.

If it's a legit nonunion then it won't heal without intervention, not after a few months never mind years, mate. Usually an op to bone graft, I think.

Pain before rain is pretty common too. Summin to do with barometric pressure changes affecting the way the body swells. Nothing to worry about...other than the underlying injury, obvs.

Chacal

King of the Spackers
Country Flag
Cuba
If it's a legit nonunion then it won't heal without intervention, not after a few months never mind years, mate. Usually an op to bone graft, I think.

Pain before rain is pretty common too. Summin to do with barometric pressure changes affecting the way the body swells. Nothing to worry about...other than the underlying injury, obvs.
So...

Can you vote in the poll please otherwise I will continue to ignore it for another decade.

Chacal

King of the Spackers
Country Flag
Cuba
How sore we talking? I'd go to the doctor. Cancer could form in it.

Please bear in mind I'm a virologist and infectious disease doctor.
Enough to make my face wince a bit. Can ignore it like, not crippling pain. Just sore y'know.

Can cancer actually form in it? Cause that'd be just fucking great wouldn't it.

If I die, memorialise this thread please.

Enough to make my face wince a bit. Can ignore it like, not crippling pain. Just sore y'know.

Can cancer actually form in it? Cause that'd be just fucking great wouldn't it.

If I die, memorialise this thread please.
Nah, naw really, mate.

If you get cancer it won't be from a broken bone.

Country Flag
England
Bit of an odd one.

I broke my right foot ten years ago jumping off the school roof. The 1st metatarsal, the big one.

Ive felt occasional pain in the exact spot over the past ten years, bizarrely especially in humid weather or when a thunderstorm is starting but that might not be relevent to anything.

But it has been absolutely fucking killing me lately. Cracking constantly and genuine pain that goes right to the surface of the skin.

Is there a chance it didn't heal right? Like the bone didnt properly fuse?

Is this worth seeing a doctor about? Its not giving me mobility issues, it just hurts like a cunt from time to time.
Was it a metatarsal if so which one?

Sorry Chacal i should read properly.

how high up was it.

Jack Ledger

OTH Poker Champion
Country Flag
Ireland
Won't specify my injuries lest I dox myself if it wasn't already apparent to anyone I know that has stumbled across this site but 'broken bones becoming stronger after they heal' is some bullshit.

Personally what I would try to do is try some rehab exercises that'll strengthen the muscles in the foot. That has helped with most of my injuries. Those light rehab exercises normally bring instant relief to my injuries. If it makes the pain worse, then I'd go to the doctor.