Injuries advice/help thread

We've had a few famous injuries on OTH over the years so let's have a thread to discuss them. I know a couple of posters have mentioned big injuries and minor ones they've been dealing with the past year and longer and having had a few doozies myself years gone by.

Sure this could help posters, especially through rehab and what to expect from others personal experience. May be quite funny too at times.

Any big.or minor injuries post them up and let us know how you are getting on. How did it happen, initial diagnosis, symptoms and treatment plus eventual results.

Firstly bringing this up because I've an odd injury to me knee. It feels like the start of s bigger injury that can go either way.

My right knee, the one I favour. I push off of it more and tend to use it more due to being right footed. Basic stuff, if I kneel I use my right knee instinctively first to go down in to or get up on.

Over the past couple of weeks at certain angles when my weight is on my knee and it is closed so not straight legged I've felt a slight burn and tear to the right of my kneecap at the front of my knee between both boney bits. That sounds serious, but I've had no other pains or complaints or symptoms of damage. No instability or locking. It's perfect except in one specific position.

Obviously a trip to the doctor is advisable. Right now though that's difficult. I'm trying to stay off it and away from putting it in certain positions hoping it is minor and heals. Anyone have any advice or had something similar.

Firstly bringing this up because I've an odd injury to me knee. It feels like the start of s bigger injury that can go either way.

My right knee, the one I favour. I push off of it more and tend to use it more due to being right footed. Basic stuff, if I kneel I use my right knee instinctively first to go down in to or get up on.

Over the past couple of weeks at certain angles when my weight is on my knee and it is closed so not straight legged I've felt a slight burn and tear to the right of my kneecap at the front of my knee between both boney bits. That sounds serious, but I've had no other pains or complaints or symptoms of damage. No instability or locking. It's perfect except in one specific position.

Obviously a trip to the doctor is advisable. Right now though that's difficult. I'm trying to stay off it and away from putting it in certain positions hoping it is minor and heals. Anyone have any advice or had something similar.
Could be a number of things.

MCL injuries are pretty common so could be a sprain or maybe a small tear (you'd have stability issues if it was a full tear).

It could just be a bit of tendonitis too. You do any repetitive actions? Doesn't even need to be from the knee. I got elbow tendonitis from it compensating for a wrist mobility issue.

You say a couple of weeks...has it got progressively worse/better or pretty constant?

Country Flag
Saudi Arabia
Week before last I broke a bone in my finger & damaged the tendon, I'm still unable to bend it at all so can't grip anything. Its also fucked my wrist up & it can't bear any weight. Its surprising how inconvenient & annoying such a minor injury can be

Got another appointment tomorrow so will hopefully find how how long I'll have to wear this plastic cast its currently taped to & when it'll get back to normal so I can play piano again

The biggest problem I've had was when getting the cast fitted by this blonde nurse we were both wearing masks & its much harder to tell if someone is flirting with you when you can only see their eyes. I'm fairly sure she was but couldn't be certain, anyone else had this issue with masks & flirting with birds?

Week before last I broke a bone in my finger & damaged the tendon, I'm still unable to bend it at all so can't grip anything. Its also fucked my wrist up & it can't bear any weight. Its surprising how inconvenient & annoying such a minor injury can be

Got another appointment tomorrow so will hopefully find how how long I'll have to wear this plastic cast its currently taped to & when it'll get back to normal so I can play piano again

The biggest problem I've had was when getting the cast fitted by this blonde nurse we were both wearing masks & its much harder to tell if someone is flirting with you when you can only see their eyes. I'm fairly sure she was but couldn't be certain, anyone else had this issue with masks & flirting with birds?

None flirty, but I did let a woman passed in ASDA yesterday. It felt like we were giving each other a nice smile, but you couldn't see anything so she could have been mouthing fuck off or something. She was older so no interest from me either way.

Could be a number of things.

MCL injuries are pretty common so could be a sprain or maybe a small tear (you'd have stability issues if it was a full tear).

It could just be a bit of tendonitis too. You do any repetitive actions? Doesn't even need to be from the knee. I got elbow tendonitis from it compensating for a wrist mobility issue.

You say a couple of weeks...has it got progressively worse/better or pretty constant?

It's the slight ripping feeling that comes when pressure is placed on the knee at a certain angle. Hoping it passes and heals before anything serious or I get checked out.

It's been a couple of weeks and no other symptoms or worsening. I compensate for older injuries by using that knee more which was how I noticed it rather than thinking nothing of it.

It's the slight ripping feeling that comes when pressure is placed on the knee at a certain angle. Hoping it passes and heals before anything serious or I get checked out.

It's been a couple of weeks and no other symptoms or worsening. I compensate for older injuries by using that knee more which was how I noticed it rather than thinking nothing of it.
Very common to get compensation injuries.

Makes it more likely to be tendonitis or just wear and tear. Should be ok if you stop over compensating with that knee, if that's possible?

Shit Dr Mo why do posters always think nurses want patients to shag em?? I remember another guy telling a similar story but there were no masks and she was considerably younger than him. Plus he was a guitarist not a piano player. Seriously now I didn't know you were a musician. Great stuff hope you are able to play soon. Its a great talent and Im jealous.
None flirty, but I did let a woman passed in ASDA yesterday. It felt like we were giving each other a nice smile, but you couldn't see anything so she could have been mouthing fuck off or something. She was older so no interest from me either way.
To use a musical analogy, you do know about good tunes on old fiddles?? But then she might just have thought "what a polite young gentleman. Hell make somebody a nice husband one day"
Again to be serious Id get it checked ASP. Ive had knee problems for many years due to my past life, especially work. But you mention a cracking sound. I did that after playing football only a few years ago at an age when I shouldn't have. The knee grew to almost twice its normal size and in the end I got a new one. Im guessing you're too young for anything as drastic as that but don't ignore it. Only trying to help but get a good physiotherapist as theres plenty of crap about. Preferably a woman .

Very common to get compensation injuries.

Makes it more likely to be tendonitis or just wear and tear. Should be ok if you stop over compensating with that knee, if that's possible?

Trying to, so far so good today. Thanks for the advice.