• He has the potential to reach the elite

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

Roe

Stuff member
Staff member
Country Flag
Italy

Britain has had a long history of success at super middleweight and I thought he looked quite impressive last night.

Murdock wasn't a push over and there were times when he was in the ascendancy himself but overall Parker rode it out and showed a fair amount of power and strength to finish him off at the end.

A lot of people think Williams beat him before but he's still young at 25 and the odd sub-par performance when first stepping up is nothing to be ashamed of (see Fury v John McDermott).

I remember not too many were raving about Carl Froch when he broke through domestic level and look what he went on to achieve. Can Parker reach similar heights?

He is a fringe contender at best in a poor division.

Has skills and decent pedigree,his family are all boxers and he is the best of the bunch.He was a very good amateur.

Realistically John Ryder beats him in a good fight and Jamie Cox is competitive.I wouldn’t write off Lerone Richards surpassing him.

His lack of discipline the main reason.

And mate Carl Froch was a world amateur medalist and had the big fanfare coming through.He overachieved perhaps but he was a puncher at the lower level and waltzed through the domestic scene.

Froch was expected to reach world level.Parker is a dark horse pick.

Reactions: Roe
I don't really think he's much better than domestic/commonwealth level.

He gets hit a lot, doesn't carry much power himself either.

He's technically nice to watch and can throw some lovely shots and defensive movements but there's nothing that screams he's going to do much.

I am literally basing this off of 2 fights.

Last night should have been seen as nothing more than a solid commonwealth win if that belt hadn't been devalued that much.

he's British level and could and should have some good competitive fights with the likes of Ryder and Richards etc.

a good opponent for the likes of Eubank, BJS, Callum once they're coming off a loss.

But with the bullshit that is WBO rankings, there is no incentive for this really. He sits on the ranking and ticks over until the undeserved shot - possibly fights for a vacant belt.

Unless the rankings work in his favour, he will get iced at a level above what he should fight

he's British level and could and should have some good competitive fights with the likes of Ryder and Richards etc.

a good opponent for the likes of Eubank, BJS, Callum once they're coming off a loss.

But with the bullshit that is WBO rankings, there is no incentive for this really. He sits on the ranking and ticks over until the undeserved shot - possibly fights for a vacant belt.

Unless the rankings work in his favour, he will get iced at a level above what he should fight
Ryder well above British level now should be world champion

Country Flag
England
He’s not elite level and I don’t think he will ever get there....but he’s a very good boxer, can he win a strap of some description, possibly, with maturity and more application. As I’ve stated elsewhere he lives very local to me and the sightings of him on the wreck in town are numerous, he can probably get away with that at the moment but will cost him later on down the line if he carries on.

Blunt

Formerly Sharp
Think at best he gets some kind of title shot through silly rankings that he doesn't deserve and a bit of work from his promotional team.

Hard to rule anyone out of winning an alphabet belt in this day and age (outside of journeymen). He’s better than a couple of belt holders we have had. It’s just about playing the rankings game and timing your shot right.

Good question this. Ive picked "likely to pick up etc etc" . But thats with the right opponent. I definitely don't see him beatng Canelo,BJS, Smith, Benavidez and definitely not Plant. I COULD see him beating Ryder Truax or Anthony Dirrell.
I don't think he's active enough and think hell possibly leave it too late. But then again I thought that about Carl Froch so what do I know??

Hard to rule anyone out of winning an alphabet belt in this day and age (outside of journeymen). He’s better than a couple of belt holders we have had. It’s just about playing the rankings game and timing your shot right.
What Tyson Fury calls a British World Champion??

Well I'm not convinced he could beat rocky Fielding so......
Gun to my head I’d probably go with the Parker based on a hunch but I wouldn’t put any money down. But that’s not what I mean, all I’m making a point of is, in a couple of years time there is no telling what the title picture will look like. People moving up in weight, belts getting stripped, champions vacating because of sanctioning fees, etc. You never know, he could be ranked high with IBF or WBO and get a mandatory shot for the vacant against a knock-over job. Like I said, it’s about timing your shot right. Not necessarily saying that I think he definitely will be a world champion or anything to that degree, just that it wouldn’t surprise me if he picked up a belt at some point because of how boxing is.