Final Poll: Who Wins Ruiz VS Joshua II?

Who wins the rematch?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Going AJ on points.

Reckon he'll correct the mistakes he made in preparation for the first fight. My theory is he spread himself too thin doing all this sponsorship/ advertising/ media stuff/ game shows/ youtube videos and all that shite and was probably trying to do all his training without the proper rest. Probably doing sparring after his sprints and stuff and ended up getting bashed up because he was cream crackered. He's pretty much been in radio silence for this one so I reckon he'll be better prepared.

Also worth noting the adjustments Rob McCkraen had his man change from Froch-Groves 1 to Froch-Groves 2. If the Cobra wouldn't have been hard as fuck same thing would have happened to Froch in the first fight as did to AJ v Ruiz. In the 2nd Groves fight, Froch fought a much smarter fight second time. I think AJ will have a better gameplan this time.

I think Joshua will either steam roll him or jab, grab and lean to a boring points win. Thoroughly hope I'm wrong though.

northern lights

OTH PL Cup Winner
AJ on points imo.

Can see him boxing long using his reach and clinching on the inside. He needs to work on his jab though as I don't think it's been as effective in his last couple of fights than it was previously. I could see a stoppage as well but he needs to stay disciplined and frustrate Ruiz and catch him on the way in.

I am looking forward to this, a big 50/50 fight on at decent time in the UK. It should be a really good atmosphere in the pubs for it.

Joshua points with a few dicey moments, but also having hurt Ruiz a few times. Not confident in that prediction, and I would not be surprised by a Ruiz KO win or an AJ KO win.

I favour AJ slightly, whatever went on before the first fight will probably always be a mystery but I remember thinking on the night he looked odd. I think we'll see a much sharper, better conditioned AJ fight smart.
That been said Ruiz is a tough style match up for him regardless so no outcome other than ruiz points (because he will get jobbed) would surprise me.

Going AJ on points.

Reckon he'll correct the mistakes he made in preparation for the first fight. My theory is he spread himself too thin doing all this sponsorship/ advertising/ media stuff/ game shows/ youtube videos and all that shite and was probably trying to do all his training without the proper rest. Probably doing sparring after his sprints and stuff and ended up getting bashed up because he was cream crackered. He's pretty much been in radio silence for this one so I reckon he'll be better prepared.

Also worth noting the adjustments Rob McCkraen had his man change from Froch-Groves 1 to Froch-Groves 2. If the Cobra wouldn't have been hard as fuck same thing would have happened to Froch in the first fight as did to AJ v Ruiz. In the 2nd Groves fight, Froch fought a much smarter fight second time. I think AJ will have a better gameplan this time.
That's a really good point imo.

Going for AJ by ko. Looking back at the first three rounds I think AJ showed he could outbox Ruiz from the outside he was doing good work landing jabs and the bigger shots with leads rights and lead left hooks. Now of course that all changed when AJ got caught being reckless in going all out for the finish against a great counterpuncher who was still firing back. I don’t think AJ really recovered after that. Ruiz certainly has the mental edge and both will have longer camps to prepare for each other. I think there’s more AJ can do than Ruiz in that time to improve and make adjustments. I like Ruiz a lot but I gotta root for AJ as I don’t want to miss out on an AJ vs Fury/ Wilder mega fight

Last edited:
Going for AJ by ko. Looking back at the first three rounds I think AJ showed he could outbox Ruiz from the outside he was doing good work landing jabs and the bigger shots with leads rights and lead left hooks. Now of course that all changed when AJ got caught being reckless in going all out for the finish against a great counterpuncher who was still firing back. I don’t think AJ really recovered after that. Ruiz certainly has the mental edge and both will have longer camps to prepare for each other. I think there’s more AJ can do than Ruiz in that time to improve and make adjustments. I like Ruiz a lot but I gotta root for AJ as I don’t want to miss out on an AJ vs Fury/ Wilder mega fight

I wouldn't say AJ was outboxing him but I'd say he was doing enough early doors to get the benefit of being the A-side from the judges. As you can see here he was 20-18 up after 2 from all 3 judges

1574768334938.png

I thought Joshua looked like shit boxing v Ruiz.

I don’t think he was ever in control of the fight to be honest.
He arguably won the first round, won the second clearly and was winning the third with a KD to boot when he got caught on the temple. I'd agree he didn't look in control or bossing it, but at the point of the first KD, it would not have been unreasonable to have your card written in favour of Joshua as...

10-9
10-9
10-8