Democratic Party/2020 Election Thread

Bogotazo

Administrator
Staff member
Just watched it in full.

It's clear that Bernie and Warren are the only ones with any kind of spine, who understand that in order to energize people to vote, you have to offer them something beyond safe promises of business as usual. The right certainly isn't afraid to take policies to their structural limit and galvanize supporters with boldness, the left has to do the same. There's a reason Bernie polled better than Hillary among independents and in swing states.

Looking tomorrow for Biden to double down on Obama's legacy of compromise and incrementalism while Kamala lies about all the progressive platforms she didn't support until yesterday, and jumps through hoops describing her watered-down policy proposals.

Just watched it in full.

It's clear that Bernie and Warren are the only ones with any kind of spine, who understand that in order to energize people to vote, you have to offer them something beyond safe promises of business as usual. The right certainly isn't afraid to take policies to their structural limit and galvanize supporters with boldness, the left has to do the same. There's a reason Bernie polled better than Hillary among independents and in swing states.

Looking tomorrow for Biden to double down on Obama's legacy of compromise and incrementalism while Kamala lies about all the progressive platforms she didn't support until yesterday, and jumps through hopes describing her watered-down policy proposals.
Thanks for your quick reply mate. I see Sanders as your version of Corbyn,who I don't like incidentally. But he aint gonna beat Trump. In the unlikely event he won, he could die of natural causes in office. Or even before he got there.
Other side of the coin,I don't see Biden beating him either.
First half hour the only one I was slightly impressed with was Delaney,other than him grinning all the way like a Cheshire Cat. Buttiglieg to a certain extent also, but despite having one good qualification he aint getting the nomination and we all know why.

Wansen

Unapologist Ufologist
Country Flag
Hawaii
Thanks for your quick reply mate. I see Sanders as your version of Corbyn,who I don't like incidentally. But he aint gonna beat Trump. In the unlikely event he won, he could die of natural causes in office. Or even before he got there.
First half hour the only one I was slightly impressed with was Delaney,other than him grinning all the way like a Cheshire Cat. Buttiglieg to a certain extent also, but despite having one good qualification he aint getting the nomination and we all know why.
Love this write-up Anorak and sincerest compliments on keeping so close an eye on our side of the pond but my God man, doesn’t Britain have more than enough going on at the moment to satiate your appetite for politics?

Davie

Former Prediction League Champion
Country Flag
Scotland
Love this write-up Anorak and sincerest compliments on keeping so close an eye on our side of the pond but my God man, doesn’t Britain have more than enough going on at the moment to satiate your appetite for politics?
What's going on in our politics is probably what put him off affairs more locally.

Needs US drama to get his fix now

Hi mate, and @Davie its just that I believe what happens with the US affects us almost as much as yourselves. If trumps mate, and fellow chicken hawk Mr Pastry{Bolton} has his way it could make Brexit a non event.

What's going on in our politics is probably what put him off affairs more locally.

Needs US drama to get his fix now
Davie have I read your post wrong or are you also from the US?? Bad enough @TSOL pretending to a Yank. Always had you down as a straight shooter. No pun intended.

Davie

Former Prediction League Champion
Country Flag
Scotland
Davie have I read your post wrong or are you also from the US?? Bad enough @TSOL pretending to a Yank. Always had you down as a straight shooter. No pun intended.
When I said our politics, I meant OUR politics, I'm on the same island as you bud.

Just the chilly northern section

Bogotazo

Administrator
Staff member
I can't say for sure if Sanders beats Trump, but he has more of a chance at pulling in independents than centrist Biden who would fall into the same traps Hillary did.

The "moderates" offered nothing of substance. Delaney in fact has millions invested in private healthcare, so it's no wonder he attacks Medicare for All so aggressively :lol:

Let me remind you this is in a country where people die because they can't afford insulin.

Bogotazo

Administrator
Staff member
While the left continues to indulge identity politics, Trump will walk it..
The strong left wing of the Democratic Party is riding on universal programs for healthcare, education, and climate change, not identity politics.

Meanwhile Trump galvinizes his base by yelling to send non-white US-born congresswomen "back" to "their countries". After years of exasperating racial anxiety. Apparently that's not "identity politics".

The strong left wing of the Democratic Party is riding on universal programs for healthcare, education, and climate change, not identity politics.

Meanwhile Trump galvinizes his base by yelling to send non-white US-born congresswomen "back" to "their countries". After years of exasperating racial anxiety. Apparently that's not "identity politics".
You just don't get it, do you? Their skin pigmentation is irrelevant. And how can you say identity politics has nothing to do with it? That foursome start every other sentence with 'as a woman of colour'. Who gives a fuck what genitalia or skin pigmentation someone has? The left, that's who. Martin Luther King would be spinning in his grave. Trump wasn'tthe best with his words but the general jist of it was that these 4 tramps keep bringing their backgrounds up and how proud they are of their heritage etc. so why the fuck are they in the US, who took in their ancestors and provided them a better life, and then, from a privileged position by the way, complaining about it? No humility, no thanks given. It seems what these cretins want is to drag others down, not pull people up, and to make the US like the shitholes their ancestors escaped from.

Bogotazo

Administrator
Staff member
You just don't get it, do you? Their skin pigmentation is irrelevant.
Oh I'm sure.

And how can you say identity politics has nothing to do with it? That foursome start every other sentence with 'as a woman of colour'. Who gives a fuck what genitalia or skin pigmentation someone has? The left, that's who.
And racist employers, racist cops, racist government employees and policy-makers, oh and the increasingly murderous white nationalists who love Trump.

Martin Luther King would be spinning in his grave.
Yeah MLK hated talking about race. That guy would cringe every time women of color talked about the injustices in their communities. Not his style at all.

Trump wasn'tthe best with his words but the general jist of it was that these 4 tramps keep bringing their backgrounds up and how proud they are of their heritage etc. so why the fuck are they in the US, who took in their ancestors and provided them a better life, and then, from a privileged position by the way, complaining about it? No humility, no thanks given. It seems what these cretins want is to drag others down, not pull people up, and to make the US like the shitholes their ancestors escaped from.
For one, Puerto Rico is a virtual colony and by the way, part of the United States. AOC can't go "back" there, and it's struggling precisely because of the US's colonial treatment of the island.

Immigrants shouldn't have to show some kind of submissive alliegance to the richest imperialist country in the world. Workers, immigrant and US-born, make this country run. When you earn your own living and make your own way you don't have to "thank" the government, least of all one that is playing a direct role in fucking it up. It's insane to think that the children of immigrants should never criticize injustice in the country they were born in.

And racist employers, racist cops, racist government employees and policy-makers, oh and the increasingly murderous white nationalists who love Trump.
Actually the far right hate Trump and think he's in cahoots with Jews. The hard left, such as Antifa, are the most prevalent terrorist threat (behind the good old Muzzies, of course) facing the US currently. Mainly because inconstent retards on the left refuse to condemn their acts of terrorism because they claim tyo be anti-fascists whilst merrily indulging in hospitalising gay Asians if they are conservative. These are the same 'racists' who voted for Obama twice as well, by the way. Your little narrative falls apart very quickly when you research a little.

Yeah MLK hated talking about race. That guy would cringe every time women of color talked about the injustices in their communities. Not his style at all.
I knew it would fly over your head, but MLK was most insistent on people being judged on their character and not their skin colour.

For one, Puerto Rico is a virtual colony and by the way, part of the United States. AOC can't go "back" there, and it's struggling precisely because of the US's colonial treatment of the island.
Wer all know Trump is a bombast and isn't always best at articulating his points, but there's actually nothing to stop any of these cretins from returning to the countries they claim to be so proud of and fixing them. But they never do, do they?

Immigrants shouldn't have to show some kind of submissive alliegance to the richest imperialist country in the world. Workers, immigrant and US-born, make this country run. When you earn your own living and make your own way you don't have to "thank" the government, least of all one that is playing a direct role in fucking it up. It's insane to think that the children of immigrants should never criticize injustice in the country they were born in.
If immigrants don't want to show gratitude then why should the host country take them in? Why would anyone even move to a country they hate? This so-called 'injustice' hasn't stopped these 4 women all from being in a position of extreme privilege, has it? How does that happen under a 'racist dictator' or in a 'racist country'? Boggles the mind! The open racism these days is entirely directed towards white people. Because for some reason that's acceptable to the left.

Last edited:

Sxanson

Reading theory
Staff member
Country Flag
China
@Anorak what have you done?
It's CHB time.:haggis

Mr. Burrows is obviously a mong troll so no point in engaging with him.

Anyway, in terms of the Dem debates, Bernie is literally the only hope. Warren has zero support among non-whites which instantly puts her out of the running, and the rest are fucking muck.

All the conservative talking points against the left are pure projection anyway.

Antifa are the biggest threat in America: Haven't killed anyone while white supremacists and 4chan incels murder people every few days. Funny how Andy Ngo getting punched gets more coverage in the media than the Garlic Festival shooter who posted a white supremacist manifesto only the other day.

Virtue signalling: Right-wingers and Trumpers are the biggest virtue signallers of all. Constantly waving around Southern flags (which is hilarious as they have pride in being on the side of treasonous losers lmao), Bible verse bumper stickers etc. Just look on Twitter and see the amount of MAGA/God/Boobs/Beer bullshit in their bios.

Snowflakes: This one is fucking hilarious. See Kaepernick, climate protests, "Happy Holidays", anything to do with the flag or national anthem, Confederate statues etc.

Literally dozens more but I cba writing any more.