**2020 OTH Poster of the Year**
- Country Flag
1. 10-9 Hopkins. Good start from Hopkins. Starts off scoring well leaping in with the left hook, Starts to rough Echols up a bit and turns it into a bit of a brawl, some hitting after the break hitting after the bell. He has Echols riled
2. 10-9 Hopkins big drama here, Hopkins slightly ahead in the round he turns Echols around after a bit of wrestling and punches him in the back of the head, blatant foul. Bernard turned him round and Bernard knew what he was doing striking him over the back of the ear with his back turned. There should have been a point deduction and 5 minutes rest. Having said all that I strongly suspect there was a lot of play acting going on, Echols had his eyes dramatically rolling back in his head, wobbling around like he could barely stand, and clearly describes what happened to the ref. His head quickly clears as he's asked to fight on.
3. 9-10 Echols. Quieter round that seemed to suit Echols who was able to pick spots and made Hopkins miss in what was an unusually inaccurate round for Bernard. Nice exchange near the ropes close to the end of the round which Echols appeared to get the upper hand in
4. 10-9 Hopkins. He hurts Echols on a couple of occasions here. But again he trurns Echols around at one point, he reaches round and hits him, so a legal shot and Echols should protect himself at all times but when Hopkins has intentionally turned him round and got behind him it's pretty dodgy
5. 10-9 Hopkins. Echols getting out of position a lot, getting off balanced and turned round and Hopkins never misses an opportunity to capitalise on these situations where he sees an opening, nothing illegal about these, all legit punching opportunities. Very good at rolling low to his right as Echols reaches with the right hand and Hopkins pops back up with a l short right uppercut.
6. 10-7 Hopkins Echols slams Hopkins to the canvas, Hopkins makes a huge deal out of it making out he's dislocated his shoulder, in fairness he doesn't throw a right hand for the remainder of that round, Will be interesting to see if he starts throwing it as the fight goes on. 2 points taken from Echols. He fights 5 months later vs Holmes, so there was no prolonged lay off.
7. 10-8 Hopkins. There's fuck all wrong with that right shoulder . 5 of his first 7 shots in this round are right hands. Half way through he rocks Echols with a combination of lefts and right and he scores a knock down by punching Echols right through the ropes with a fucking right hand. What a chancer
8. 9-9 Hopkins. Point deducted for holding behind the head. Bernard scores the lead right, the one two, the counter right, hard shots hooked shots, body shots you name it, if you can score a right hand Bernard Hopkins has landed it this round.
9. 10-9 Hopkins. It's a shame, there's so much good stuff that happens in this round but the talking points are Hopkins getting away with a rabbit punch (which admitedly he did take the sting out of at the last second) and is warned for holding and hitting. Just needs to add an obvious low blow and we have the fiull set.
10. TKO. Hopkins. He hurts him early on and goes in for the kill, Weeks splits them and Hopkins appears to throw himself down, not sure if he was looking for a point to be deducted from the ref. Cristiano Ronaldo would be embarassed with some of these antics. He hurts him again later in the round and the final shot an uppercut seems to leave him defenceless, Weeks splits them to have a look at Echols....Echols clearly thinking he's being checked over by the ref just maintains eye contact with him, Weeks takes a little step back, makes no signal to box and allows Bernard a pot shot at him. Another barrage from Hopkins convinces Weeks to stop it.
What a fucking shambles of a fight
88-79 Bernard Hopkins.
The fouling and dirty fighting is getting worse as I progress through his middleweight title reign. The complaining to the ref over every little thing, the play acting and laying it on thick would be embarrasing for an Italian football player let alone a seasoned world champion level boxer and to add insult, Tony Weeks has a shamble and it';s not the first time a ref has had a stinker dealing with this shit.
Add in that we have other fighters in against Bernard, knowing what they are up against, intentionally fouling and being instructed by their corners to fight dirty, we have other fighters matching his ham acting routine and all together it is making Hopkins fight one shambles after another.
At least we didn't have big George talking shite.,