covid 40th

So the worse half is 40 this year. Had planned originally to throw a massive piss up. But seems that this likely to be a no goer at the end of September.

This has left me a little stumped- she's cautious about covid and won't want to put herself at risk.

Anyone got any ideas of something that I could do- I'm a bit :hmm ?

Initial thoughts are airbnb rental with a private pool and possibly arranging a private chef to cook for us on one of the nights once the kids have gone to bed. But hardly screams pizazz.

Keen to avoid the dog house for being an epic disappointment and chief birthday spoiler.:frochcry

Help a brother lads.:edfingers

Chacal

King of the Spackers
Country Flag
Cuba
So the worse half is 40 this year. Had planned originally to throw a massive piss up. But seems that this likely to be a no goer at the end of September.

This has left me a little stumped- she's cautious about covid and won't want to put herself at risk.

Anyone got any ideas of something that I could do- I'm a bit :hmm ?

Initial thoughts are airbnb rental with a private pool and possibly arranging a private chef to cook for us on one of the nights once the kids have gone to bed. But hardly screams pizazz.

Keen to avoid the dog house for being an epic disappointment and chief birthday spoiler.:frochcry

Help a brother lads.:edfingers
Can you still get a baby sitter, despite COVID?

Maybe a weekend break somewhere in the UK?

You could book an experience at L'Enclume. It's a 2-star restaurant in The Lake District. So drive up, maybe spend one night somewhere else, in a beautiful location, whether B&B, Air BnB or whatever. Then go to L'Enclume for say the Saturday night. You get a snack and a half bottle of bubbly in your room, then the full 18-course tasting menu in the restaurant. Stay overnight and get breakfast in the pub they run next door.

It's £515 for two people. It's not cheap, but the tasting menu is usually £159 pp on its own, so add in a night's stay in a nice room, a good breakfast and half a bottle of bubbly...it's not mental.

Depends what she is into I guess.

Shadowboxer

Former Prediction League Champion
100% mate best bit for me. I have to have one at any gym i join or go to as well
A steam and a massage is a tidy way to spend a Sunday. Don't care what anyone says, a visit to the spa is just as much a treat for us as it is the Mrs.