Corona vs Boxing.

So Uncle Bob has confirmed that no fans will be going to the Stevenson fight and will now be contested behind closed doors. Looking at arranging the Inoue fight in a TV studio

How will this affect things moving forward?

Cancelled shows? Empty arenas?

Football behind closed doors is one thing but boxing behind closed doors seems crazy to me. 2 guys having what should be a massive fight with a few trainers etc around the ring like they're fighting in some amateur working men's club... Surprised they don't just postpone.

Football behind closed doors is one thing but boxing behind closed doors seems crazy to me. 2 guys having what should be a massive fight with a few trainers etc around the ring like they're fighting in some amateur working men's club... Surprised they don't just postpone.
I know. Can't imagine what that will look like. You'll be able to hear every voice clearly. Fighters listening to the commentary of their own fight as they're fighting!

Country Flag
England
Move this to the Lounge and make it Corona vs Sport?

I’m a selfish cunt so am fuming that Wolves’s game tonight in Athens is behind closed doors. I’d rather all premier league games get postponed than have them pointlessly played behind closed doors. Just have a few weeks to a month off (see how the land lies) and go from there.

Fuck the Euro’s off until the end of next season, make that announcement ASAP.

Boxing would be fucking strange. You would see world class fights happening like it’s a pre tv fight on Sky. It would be great if they still have Sweet Caroline, Buffer and actual entrances too though.

In the USA its gonna be less of an issue as most of the revenue comes from TV. In the UK for the Non PPPV shows more money comes from the gate.

Shadowboxer

Former Prediction League Champion
Boxing with no audience. Seems a bit pointless.

If that is the way of things, just go proper old school. The two fighters go into an empty basement...the one who walks out is the winner.

I know. Can't imagine what that will look like. You'll be able to hear every voice clearly. Fighters listening to the commentary of their own fight as they're fighting!
Sounds great, tbh.

I wouldn't mind watching that. You'll be able to hear what the ref is saying, what the fighters are saying, what the corner men are saying, the sound of the punches will be much clearer. I'm all for it.

Davie

Former Prediction League Champion
Country Flag
Scotland
Hearts fans have been clinging on to the hope that Corona virus escalates, to stop the league season.
It's our only hope of survival.

The news that it reach pandemic level was the most welcome result for us since the 2012 Scottish cup win