Claressa Shields v Conor McGregor: Who Wins?

Who wins?

• McGregor

Votes: 31 83.8%
  • Shields

Votes: 6 16.2%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
My friend thinks Shields would beat McGregor and that other high level female boxers at a similar weight would beat simular high level male MMA fighters.

To make it simple. Shields v McGregor at 160lbs 10x3 Championship fight.

I think he is mental. What are your thoughts and why would either side win?

Last edited:

Roe

Lineal Champion
Staff member
Country Flag
Italy
Hmm, I'm starting to doubt myself a bit now actually. Just watched a video of Shields and Conor side by side and I forgot how bad McGregor's boxing technique is.

Admittedly he's against Mayweather but he just seems pretty clueless in terms of setting up attacks and even turning over individual punches.

I imagine he'd beat her in any test of strength and I still think he'd probably be able to get to her in a full fight.

Shadowboxer

Former Prediction League Champion
How many rounds?

Over 3 rounds they may just squeak a decision...but the reality is they'd likely get flattened by the strength and power of a pro male combatant.

No offence to the ladies, of course.

Never seen Shields fight. I wouldn't be surprised if Taylor could outpoint Conor and Khabib over a few rounds. Eventually they'll knock her out though.

Roe

Lineal Champion
Staff member
Country Flag
Italy
Katie Taylor is way too small for either btw though.

Roe

Lineal Champion
Staff member
Country Flag
Italy
Alright I'm changing my mind and backing Claressa over 12 here.

Shields v Conor let's go.

Would be a HUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUGE event.

Shadowboxer

Yeah but this is Conor Mcgregor mate.
Fairly confident he'd punch harder than anyone Clarissa has been in with, and he'd be too strong in the clinch. Would grind her down and beat her up, I think.

If it gets made, i'd watch it though.

Jack Ledger

OTH Poker Champion
Country Flag
Ireland
My friend thinks Shields would beat McGregor and that other high level female boxers at a similar weight would beat simular high level male MMA fighters.

To make it simple. Shields v McGregor at 160lbs 10x3 Championship fight.

I think he is mental. What are your thoughts and why would either side win?
You need new friends.

the blokes win

i will say one thing, khabib's boxing is a bit shit and it wouldnt surprise me much if shields managed to outpoint him in straight boxing.

Davie

Country Flag
Scotland
Men win

For the same reason a male figure skater would make a better goal keeper than a female goal keeper.