Changing football team allegiance

Anyone every done it?

I grew up a United fan as best team, quality players etc. but interest footie took big dip when got drinking / working age and didn't follow it at all until last couple seasons due to kid.

United completely different team one I followed as kid, mainly as seem bit wank and no fergie. Cant relate as adult. Plus northern.

Kid supports Arsenal. I work area and take to games. Don't wear their gear, don't join in singing, don't celebrate goals... dunno can't shift thoughts that Keown was a cunt etc

Anyone gave it a go? Just seems wrong me.

Nah, that's ridiculous imo.

What I would say is that your interest might lower a bit at times and you might take more of an interest in a local club or something. For example myself, I support Man Utd but since moving I started going to football games here and naturally started following a team. It doesn't mean I've changed which team I support though and since their worlds apart it doesn't really matter imo.

Swapping from United to Chelsea or something should result in some serious form of punishment imo.

No you don’t do it.

Ever.

You are meant to follow your father.My Dad wasn’t big into football so I followed my brother who supported Arsenal and followed Hereford at home.

Country Flag
China
Nah, that's ridiculous imo.

What I would say is that your interest might lower a bit at times and you might take more of an interest in a local club or something. For example myself, I support Man Utd but since moving I started going to football games here and naturally started following a team. It doesn't mean I've changed which team I support though and since their worlds apart it doesn't really matter imo.

Swapping from United to Chelsea or something should result in some serious form of punishment imo.
Know a couple of lads from Stockport who've gone from being predominantly United fans with an interest in their local club to the other way round. Not really got a problem with that. Changing allegiance to a club in the same league though FFS.

Country Flag
China
Anyone every done it?

I grew up a United fan as best team, quality players etc. but interest footie took big dip when got drinking / working age and didn't follow it at all until last couple seasons due to kid.

United completely different team one I followed as kid, mainly as seem bit wank and no fergie. Cant relate as adult. Plus northern.

Kid supports Arsenal. I work area and take to games. Don't wear their gear, don't join in singing, don't celebrate goals... dunno can't shift thoughts that Keown was a cunt etc

Anyone gave it a go? Just seems wrong me.
Do you know Strike's cousin per chance?

Know a couple of lads from Stockport who've gone from being predominantly United fans with an interest in their local club to the other way round. Not really got a problem with that. Changing allegiance to a club in the same league though FFS.
It's probably right to say there's a difference between supporting a team and following a team.

Like, people in England will have the team they support, say, Arsenal. But then they might follow Sporting Lisbon for some reason. Completely acceptable imo.

Country Flag
China
It's probably right to say there's a difference between supporting a team and following a team.

Like, people in England will have the team they support, say, Arsenal. But then they might follow Sporting Lisbon for some reason. Completely acceptable imo.
Sure, I have a Chinese team I follow. Had a season ticket for a couple of years. But I'd not come away fuming if they lost.

Kids on my junior footy team change all the time,bar a few where Dad’s are full on supporters (which includes my lad and Arsenal by the way)

Fair enough sorted answers expected. Guess as emotional connection established as kids.

I couldn't give any fucks about United winning or losing nowadays. Footie ain't been my thing some years yet can't shake thoughts liverpool, arsenal, chelsea are wank.