Amsterdam

Any of you social people been and any ideas what to do.

going with 8 people most are insane, but anything decent worth doing as a group activity and all though GF is coming what parts of sex industry area are decent incase I get bored.

TFG

WORLD CUP CHAMPION
Country Flag
England
Completely depends what you are into.

You wanting to get stoned or on the drink primarily?

Havent been for over 10 years so am out the loop.

But the first time I went with the lads was my funniest and best holiday ever. Its a crazy crazy place. Gutted that your Mrs is going, they take the fun out of everything :lol:

Just mainly the Redlight for the sex industry. But the lights around the windows indicate whether there female or male. As it can be hard to tell :lol: . Am sure @TomPreston would be in his element.

Sex show, get some weed, find a place where you can drink and smoke, you like clubbing? Venture a bit out of the centre. Don't bother eating in the centre unless you want to get raped monetarily

Mat Cauthon

Former Last Man Standing™
I’ve only been once about 8 years ago with the missus and loved it. The concept of being able to sit in some boozers and skin up while enjoying a pint is absolute heaven.

Wee bit of useless information but I actually stayed in the hotel room that American Jazz Legend Chet Baker died in (well fell out the window and died) I mean.

I want to go back myself actually for a few days. Take some drugs and visit the Red Light District.

Do they still have hotels that allow you to smoke weed in your room ? Someone told me they weee doing away with that.

Used to go once or twice a year when I was bang into the green when I was younger as it’s a stoners paradise. Get some mushroom truffles into ya as well.

The clubbing scene is unbelievable over there as well but unsure much will be open/ happening due to Covid

Dillinja

OTH Poker Champion
I’ve only been once about 8 years ago with the missus and loved it. The concept of being able to sit in some boozers and skin up while enjoying a pint is absolute heaven.

Wee bit of useless information but I actually stayed in the hotel room that American Jazz Legend Chet Baker died in (well fell out the window and died) I mean.

I want to go back myself actually for a few days. Take some drugs and visit the Red Light District.

Do they still have hotels that allow you to smoke weed in your room ? Someone told me they weee doing away with that.
Depends on the hotel, I smoked weed in every gaff I've ever been and never had an issue.
Tbh it's pretty shit now compared to years gone by, I went in November and wouldn't go back again. I've been about 15 times over the years and it gets shitter every time, just gonna stick to Spain now.

Mat Cauthon

Former Last Man Standing™
Depends on the hotel, I smoked weed in every gaff I've ever been and never had an issue.
Tbh it's pretty shit now compared to years gone by, I went in November and wouldn't go back again. I've been about 15 times over the years and it gets shitter every time, just gonna stick to Spain now.
In what way ? Is it just full of drunken stag parties full of yobs and idiots ?

TFG

WORLD CUP CHAMPION
Country Flag
England
In what way ? Is it just full of drunken stag parties full of yobs and idiots ?
I go twice a year mate and haven't noticed much difference, I just stay away from Dam square and damrak area in general.

I like going in the winter as well, it's just a lot of chilled out coffee shops mainly full of locals. If it's warm you can just sit in vondel park and get stoned.

If you want to be more chilled and away from the hustle and bustle it's very easy to do in Amsterdam

Amsterdam is a great city. Something for everyone. Can have a mega fucking session although some things have changed with Covid

Dillinja

OTH Poker Champion
I go twice a year mate and haven't noticed much difference, I just stay away from Dam square and damrak area in general.

I like going in the winter as well, it's just a lot of chilled out coffee shops mainly full of locals. If it's warm you can just sit in vondel park and get stoned.

If you want to be more chilled and away from the hustle and bustle it's very easy to do in Amsterdam
I'd also say you probably never went in the first times I speak of due to age. I first went to Amsterdam in like 98/99 kind of time.
I suspect in earlier times still it was alot better.
Also most of the weed is shit now and only about 5 good gaffs left, I generally get much better weed at home than what they sell there

I'd also say you probably never went in the first times I speak of due to age. I first went to Amsterdam in like 98/99 kind of time.
I suspect in earlier times still it was alot better.
Also most of the weed is shit now and only about 5 good gaffs left, I generally get much better weed at home than what they sell there
ofcourse because it’s like a giant tourist thing like Venice...

the weed is bad the hookers are bad hell the coke is even bad because it gets sold to tourists

want good weed and coke just go to another city not the big tourist ones just an average city with at least 35k people they have at least one coffeeshop that sells weed to the locals

way better quality then in Amsterdam