1. 10-9 Morales, excellent boxing, keeping Ayala where he needs him, fantastic use of the left to jab, hook, parry and push Ayala back, complete control.
2. 10-9 Morales. Ayala more forceful this round, gets in to get his shots off but Morales still boxing well, picking his shots and controlling the round
3. 10-9 Morales. More on the front foot again, but moving forward or moving back, his positioning is so good to set up his attacks while making Ayala fall just short
4. 10-9 Morales but Ayala got some joy. Morales not moving his head while punching, keeping his head too high, Ayala got joy when he was willing to punch with Erik. Pushed him back late with the double jab left hand
5. 9-10 Ayala. Morales still working well with the jab but missed a few rights early and got trapped on the ropes late, with Ayala putting in some good body work. Last two could have gone either way though, tight rounds
6. 10-9 Morales better round from him. Uses his feet better early, gets the earmuffs on when Ayala gets close and starts hooking. Then Erik starts firing in the straight shots and showing a bit slick head movement to close a good round
7. 10-9 Morales, lovely movement spinning off to Ayalas right, Ayala can't get off then Morales starts planting his feet and picking his shots well
8. 10-9 Morales that's been 3 straight fairly one sided rounds. Morales bullying Ayala one moment and bamboozling him the next
9. 10-9 Morales. Total composure in there now, trying out different things like a training session now
10. 10-9 Morales. Erik had a bit of a round off but still landed accurately enough and controlled the round. Ayala landed to the body but not upstairs
11. 10-9 Morales. For no reason other than because he can, he decided to exchange body punches with Ayala for the first half of the round, gives him some back. Switches up top last minute of the round to take it
12. 10-9. Morales a country mile ahead, doesn't need a war. What does he do? Goes to war.
Why? Because he's Erik Morales and it's the 12th round and that's what he does
12th round Morales is what makes him so great for me
The 12th against Pacquiao where he switches southpaw, taking massive risks.
Every 12th round with Barerra, absolute carnage.
The 11th here he starts exchanging body shots with a guy who has hooked well to the body all fight, then the 12th he goes to war again.
There are mo doubt several other example. Morales is the man!