365 Day Challenge Day 364: Arturo Gatti v Micky Ward II

A good fight, not on the level of the first but a decent fight none the less.

Very one sided though, Gatti was in control throughout the fight here and really showed he was on a different level of skill to Ward.

Never realised before how old Ward was going into this fight.

37 year old shouldn't be going through gruelling fights like this.

Davie

**2020 OTH Poster of the Year**
Country Flag
Scotland
This nearly caught me out.
Looked at it thinking I'd watched it.

Bookmarked for later today along with Duran vs Marcel

Davie

**2020 OTH Poster of the Year**
Country Flag
Scotland
1. 9-10 Gatti
2. 9-10 Gatti
3. 8-10 Gatti. ANYBODY but Mickey Ward and the ref steps in there, but it is Mickey Ward and he goes on to win the second half of the round and lands some hard shots of his own
4. 10-9 Ward but only just. Gatti did a lot of good work there and this could still be a whitewash.
5. 9-10 Gatti. Seeing in this round, the difference between a counter-puncher and someone just willing to fire back
6. 9-10 Gatti. Closer round
7. 9-10 Gatti. Stunning stuff from Gatti
8. 9-10 Gatti. Ward wanted this fight then Kostya Tzsyu before he retired. Ward vs Tszyu :drool
9. 9-10 Gatti. Ward did catch him here but Gatti responded in real style
10. 10-10 punched to a stand still. Stunning last round. Although hearing George tell us Gatti might be losing was crazy talk

91-99 Gatti. Lederman scored the 8th and you could have given him the 10th at absolute most you score that 97-92

Still a fantastic fight. Says a lot about no1 that this fight was a long way off. But it was an excellent display from Gatti.
I don't know that there is a better fighter to watch from an aesthetic point of view. He is smooth, throws beautiful combinations, moves well and when he decides to box, shows that he can do it to a very high standard. Nothing he does looks awkward or ungainly and he blends good boxing technique, with aggression and power in almost all shots in a way that, from the viewers perspective, is almost perfect.

Last edited:
Country Flag
Norway
Think this is the worselt of the series but is still entertaining as he. Its a little too one sided for Gatti who actually learnt from the first fight and used his superior technical ability to cruise to a win.

Its threatened to go mad a few times but then Gatti just goes back on the backfoot and box which was of course the amart thing to do.

Country Flag
Cuba
A good fight, not on the level of the first but a decent fight none the less.

Very one sided though, Gatti was in control throughout the fight here and really showed he was on a different level of skill to Ward.

Never realised before how old Ward was going into this fight.

37 year old shouldn't be going through gruelling fights like this.
Funny thing is if you actually study him Micky was a better fighter in his 30s than in his 20s.
Other thsn his last fight he was game all throughout.

Country Flag
England
This nearly caught me out.
Looked at it thinking I'd watched it.

Bookmarked for later today along with Duran vs Marcel

You have, Gatti Ward 2 is day 364 and 153 @Chatty.

Edit: looking at it Davie you even scored it identically. 😂 presuming this is suppose to be 3.

Country Flag
England
I cant remember tbh? I think i might have fucked up and made another Day 364 or something or maybes that was another day lol

Who knows mate, I can only tell you one thing for certain and there’s three Ward Gatti threads, no no.3 and 2 is in twice.