365 Day Challenge Day 363: Manny Pacquiao v Juan Manuel Marquez IV

TFG

WORLD CUP CHAMPION
Country Flag
England
Ironically, the commentary point out that Pacquiao had been working on head movement, particularly when moving back out and after throwing his own shots and I think it might have been that that got him caught for the first knockdown.
Pacquiao likes his ear muffs up and uses his feet and speed to be evasive usually. Previous fights showed that Marquez's beautiful timing was enough to still catch Pacquiao. But he was never able to catch him as clean and hurt him as he did in this fight.

If you watch the first knock down, it is moving his head that creates the opening between head and guard for Marquez to land a really clean shot. As I said in the scoring, I forgot how good that punch was, because of what came later, but that was a telling sign for me. His head movement was causing Marquez problems getting his shots off but it meant when he did eventually tag him, Pacquiaos earmuffs guard was as effective (it was non-existent)

I think it was the left hook to the body that created the opening for the first knockdown. Marquez landed a couple early on then threw two before he got the knockdown. He dipped as if he was going to attack the body again and Pacquiao reacts by dipping his elbows and effectively loosening up his ear muff defense. Marquez then just punched straight through his gloves with a shot Pac wasn't properly set for, with more power than hes used to.

Another sequence that shows Marquez as a great tactician, if this is actually what happened that is

8-7 Ali, Ali won the fight by last round, norton corner told him that he had one the fight and should take the last round easy but Ali was able to win the last round who ever he faced.

Davie

**2020 OTH Poster of the Year**
Country Flag
Scotland
8-7 Ali, Ali won the fight by last round, norton corner told him that he had one the fight and should take the last round easy but Ali was able to win the last round who ever he faced.

First ever post, you start the 365 day challenge at day 363.
And comment on the wrong fight.
:jaydamn

Welcome to the forum!

first console i owned and bought with the games asterix and ghostbusters sonic included and alex kidd in miracle world
own about now 150 master system games
and of today i still like this little black machine

great games and some are even better then the 16 bit version