365 Day Challenge Day 317: Juan Manuel Lopez v Rogers Mtagwa

Country Flag
Northern Ireland
Remember watching this live on a stream on my laptop, think someone was showing it on justin.tv - the early days of dodgy streams.

Heart was in my mouth the last few minutes of that fight.

Davie

**2020 OTH Poster of the Year**
Country Flag
Scotland
1. 10-8 Lopez. Mtagwa touched canvas twice in that round, I'm scoring at least one a knockdown

2. 10-9 Lopez

3. 10-9 Lopez. Great round

4. 10-9 Lopez but Mtagwa playing his part in these rounds

5. 10-8 Lopez but not sure Mtagwa touched down

6. 10-9 Lopez these are getting tougher and tighter for Juanma. The teak tough Mtagwa coming on

7. 9-10 WAR Mtagwa. Wild and wooly but he won it

8. 10-9 Lopez.

9. 9-10 Mtagwa but Lopez may have hurt him and stole it late

10. 9-10 Mtagwa. Crazy round

11. 9-10 Mtagwa. Juanma is fucked

12. 8-10 Mtagwa. Can you give 10-7 without a knock down.
Wow.

114-111 Juanma Lopez.

Last edited:
Country Flag
Norway
1. Lopez 10-8
2. Lopez
3. Lopez
4. Lopez
5. Lopez 10-8
6. Lopez
7. Mtagwa
8. Lopez
9. Lopez
10. Mtagwa
11. Mtagwa
12. Mtagwa 10-8

What seemed like a routine win for Lopez, easoecually early where he dominated turned into a turning point for his career as he scraped through the end. His power often bailed him out and it nearly didnt this time, it wouldnt v Salido and that was pretty much it for Lopez.

What a warrior Mtagwa was here.

Country Flag
Palestine
1. Lopez
2. Lopez
3. Lopez
4. Lopez
5. Lopez 10-8
6. Lopez
7. Mtagwa
8. Lopez
9. Mtagwa
10. Mtagwa
11. Mtagwa
12. Mtagwa 10-8

114-112 Juanma

Round 12 pure heart in mouth stuff. Juanma gave Mtagwa everything what he wanted, lost control and fell into his fight. He looked vulnerable out there too. Open for right hands all night. Cranky, frustrated. Getting into dumb exchanges. Forgot to jab not much body work.

I remember at the time this being seen as a robbery. I see a casual impression of that since Rogers had varying success rds 1-6. He had his own way second half of the fight. Plus that final round. I feel like he deserved more on my card somehow. But I don't think Rogers was clinical enough to win on the cards.

Happy with the official score cards. Brought back some forum memories this fight. Juanma hype was mostly downhill after this