Recent content by Alf

1. Alf

Chisora v Parker next?

Hearn mentioned in his last ifl interview he may put on a monster card end of April but refused to confirm main event, described it as potentially the best top to bottom card he's done (not like him to overstate it!) I'd guess it's Warrington/Xu, Parker/Chisora, Taylor/Jonas and maybe one other...
  2. Alf

Which fighter would you LOVE to see KO'ed this year?

It's all bull shit politics mate, forget the belts, they shouldn't mean what they do, and won't what they will. If Warrington had any other recognised strap there would have been a way round. The only reason it's different for the IBF is cos they were busted by the FBI back in the 90's, that's...
  3. Alf

Which fighter would you LOVE to see KO'ed this year?

I'd really like Jr to fight Murata, even in Japan I think Jr wins well, and finally it would be a legit belt. Eddie has DAZN Japan which is apparently one of the stronger markets for DAZN. The Sauerland's aren't going to be promoting from the ground, they'll be doing deals and co-promotions...
  4. Alf

Warrington/Xu and the WBA mess

Say IBF in reverse. That's the reason they're tight on mandos.
  5. Alf

Warrington/Xu and the WBA mess

A few points.... Warrington is no1 with Ring, Xu is no3, but this is one of those occasions where we can see the sense in the Ring belt being on the line, as no2 Gary Russell Jr is consistently inactive. Hearn was working off the assumption that WBA super champ LSC wouldn't be returning to...
  6. Alf

K Taylor’s next opponent

It's obviously a good fight, but I do wish Hearn could get Jonas another shot at super feather, would be good to see her pick up a legit belt before being a KT opponent. Chantelle has had to do it that way, and it's fair enough tbh, holding a world title means something. In the womens game...
  7. Alf

Floyd or Manny: Who goes down higher on ATG lists?

From a purely UK perspective, the Benn/Eubank debate can be similar. Through two fights, a win and a draw, Eubank walks away from the rivalry as the overall victor, but Benn actually beat better opponents, so it's tricky to rank!
  8. Alf

Imagine if Inoue, in later years was challenging the likes of Haney/Tank/Teo for belts at 147. Absolutely mental!
  9. Alf

I get where you're coming from, but head-to-head is slightly different to pound-for-pound. Fighter A might be capable of beating fighter B 9 times out of 10, but fighter B can still have the better overall career, and actually beat better opponents than fighter A has beat. Not saying that's...
  10. Alf

Floyd has the achievement of being undefeated, and generally seen as the best talent of the last 20 years. Pacquaio, arguably has the better overall resume, has risen through more weights, was a champ slightly before Floyd, and is still taking on genuinely world level opponents years after...
  11. Alf

RBR Terrence Crawford v Kell Brook Premier Sports Midnight ESPN+ 7pm ET

He never had a single eliminator sanctioned by the WBA, but he WAS installed as the mandatory at 154, it's clear as day that's down to promotional political lobbying. Kell chose not to bother pushing for it.
  12. Alf

Same applies for every promoter who's ever had a network deal. If Brook was committed to 154, Hearn could have made it happen, his first fight at that weight got him the WBC Silver and a no3 ranking, that was Hearn's doing, lobbying the WBC to get that strap and ranking, if you're ranked top 3...
  13. Alf

Also, at different points within the last 2 years at 154, Kell was WBC no 3, WBO no3 and WBA mandatory, he had 3 clear options at different points where he could have pressed the button and got either a final eliminator or even a straight shot.
  14. Alf

When Pacquaio was p4p no 1/2 and held a world title at 147, Kell Brook was the unknown no1 contender for an 18-24 month period, they were never gona enforce that on Manny. So Kell switched over to Eddie, they went a different route and got a shot enforced, but it took another 2 years. Kell...
  15. Alf

Chantelle Cameron steam train

I wasn't aware they had fought as amateurs...